Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Release Week: Take a Number

It's the second day of release week at Fresh Squeezed Stamps.  Today is a basic sentiment set but with a very fun twist!


The idea of this set is basic sentiments and there are numbers for you to include within the sentiment. That way you can personalize your card or you can use different colors to highlight the number.  SO many fun options that I got a little carried away!

FS Group Shot

Do you see how the numbers can be used to personalize it?  And even though I have four cards, this just a sampling of the fun sentiments.  (I love the one that says "It's ___ o'clock somewhere" but I didn't have a good image to go with it so you don't get to see it today!)

I did pair each of the sentiments with a little flair from Breath of Fresh Flair.

Here's a close-up of each card. (I have the worst time photographing glitter - but the funky look on each "flair" is actually a little heat & emboss sticky powder then covered with glitter.)

FS Class of 2014

FS Baby Makes 3

FS Happy Anniv

There's a sad story with this next card.  It actually wasn't planned.  There's an entirely different sentiment in the new set Take a Number that says "you are __1__ of a kind".  Then there's a great stamp in Breath of Fresh Flair that includes four birds sitting on a wire.  Wouldn't it be cute to combine those two and then color just one of those four birds a different bright color?  That idea is actually what started my entire idea for this set of cards.  But I got a few of the others made, then reached for the bird stamps - and it is gone.  I don't know.  I've reached a certain age...maybe I had already peeled it off and then set it down and then got distracted and then set other things on top of it - and it's now stuck between pieces of paper somewhere.  I tore my desk apart trying to find those silly birds.  But I was running out of time - and I couldn't possibly show you a set of only three cards - so here's my last minute fourth card!


FS Look Whose 8

{I still like my bird idea better!}

Just like yesterday, there is a give-away on the Fresh Squeezed Stamps blog so be sure to head over there, sign up and check out all of the other design team projects!

And be sure to bookmark the Fresh Squeezed blog and check back later in the week for some more fun!

13 comments:

  1. Kim, amazing set of cards! Absolutely amazing. I'm adding the sets you've suggested to my wish list, right next to my LONG list for inks (my 5 colours make for a pretty narrow field of choices; hope SSS has a super duper great sale!). As for your lost little bird stamp - sending a wee prayer to the 'finder of lost' things, in the hopes that it will be found. Keep us posted if it does appear! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family for tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bird idea, too... find that stamp! LOL But these are all fabulous, Kim! Great CAS designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are really CAS but extra special when you personalize them like you did. I love the bird idea so I hope you find the stamp. You're not the only one to tear a room apart looking for lost crafting pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Kim you are AMAZING! These are brilliant! Love the layout, and I love the glittered images (like SO much!!!). You will have to create the bird card when you find the stamp...those darn clear stamps...love them, but they "disappear" on me alllll the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So brilliant to pair Take a Number with the Flair set! These are fantastic, and I love how your creative brain works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Kim and the glitter looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness me, they are all fabulous and I love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a fab set Kim! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome, Kim! I love the touches of glitter and also the way you used the Flair stamps - I tend to have trouble figuring out how to use those smaller stamps so you've given me some cool ideas. Thanks!

    As for the missing stamp - a tragedy! I've had the same thing happen many times. Usually I manage to find the escapee but the "Happy" from my favourite Paper Smooches "Happy Birthday " sentiment has never found it's way home. So sad...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh now that's a shame! But these cards are FAB too!
    Even your 'last minute'card!
    In the Netherlands, most cards have a picture or a print, but we do not often put the sentiment as focus on our card and then leave white space open.
    That's what I soooo much like about the CAS style, the room it gives to a sentiment and how all the white spaces left emphasize the meaning of the sentiment!!!
    I hope you get my point as my English is not always correct. :-)

    Bye and have a nice day!
    I hope you'll find your stamp with the 4 birds and we'll get to see the yet-to-make-card still!
    A die with a bird and a piece of twine would also do the trick!

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!