Saturday, November 23, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Season's Greetings

The wonderful Tracey McNeely at In My Creative Opinion is doing 25 Days of Christmas Tags!  Her work is amazing and she has doubled the fun by having guest designers each day.  Guess what?  It's my day to guest!


I realized that I don't do a lot of tags and that's definitely a mistake.  How perfect (and easy...and fun) would it be to wrap gifts in basic kraft or stone color paper and add a bright tag as decoration? I need to find a gigantic roll of basic kraft paper - maybe with monochromatic stripes or snowflakes - and then just have a tag day.  (Has anybody seen paper like that?)

In my Christmas NBUS stash are two sets by Clearly Besotted Stamps.  The first is Signature Christmas and was part of their very first release.  I fell in love with it - but, at that time, I was concerned about international shipping.  Then recently they came out with Signature Christmas Additions and with matching dies.  I've learned that CBS ships quickly and the postage is cheaper than most companies in the U.S.  So I finally own the set I fell for a year ago!

CBS Season's Greetings tag

My first Christmas tag!!

Now if anybody can answer my question about basic kraft wrapping paper - here's to many more!

I'm also playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge with a Christmas theme.
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps Signature Christmas and Signature Christmas Addition
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow
  • Accessories: Clearly Besotted Christmas Signature Christmas Die Collection, Reverse Confetti Tag Me die, Neat & Tangled sequins, Trendy Twine Tickled Pink, My Favorite Things Glitter Glaze (on the star)

16 comments:

  1. Great tag! you can buy plain craft paper in a roll whereever they sell postage supplies or maybe office supply stores like staples

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim
    Fabulous tag......
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is fabulous; I bought this set as well, and you've certainly sparked ideas. I love tags, but need to create more. Even a package of tags as a gift, presented in pretty packaging has crossed my mind. I love plain kraft for wrapping: Dollar store and post offices are my go to spots (or the mailing section of a drug store...). Happy Saturday, Kim!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag, Kim, esp how one tree is off the tag. Brilliant!
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim your tag is fantastic! Yes you should do more of them. ;) Love that CB set too, maybe one day. Thank you so much for joining me today with my tag post. You are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the idea of the tag being the focal piece on the kraft gift wrap!! Another fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed I've missed several posts of you this last week!
    I should get those in my emailbox delivered by Bloglovin, but it seems something didn't go right. :-(
    Anyway, I took a look at your other cards as well, and they're absolutely great!!
    And you should make some more of these bright colored tags, they would be such a eyecatcher!
    And not only for Christmas presents!!
    Nice with a pretty bouquet of flowers or dangling on a giftbag...
    :-)
    I'm also happy dinner went well last tuesday.
    I hope and pray you all will keep your eyes fixed on the Lord and your mutual goals.
    Life is too short to be looking over your shoulder to see what's behind you and that way you'll miss what God has in store for all of you in the future, before you!
    If God can forgive all of us, than
    who am I not being able to forgive
    someone else?
    The healing will start as soon as people start to really forgive eachother. I know, 'cause i've been there. God always tells me to look up to Him and not keep my eyes fixed on my problems or hurt. :-)
    Wishing you all the best, for you and your church.

    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!
    Put my name on this one for Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply splendid, Kim ... gorgeous colours! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being one of Tracey's featured tag designers, Kims! Your tag is really cool! I own no CB stamps, eek! You're such an enabler!

    I haven't read the other comments, so at the risk of being repetitive, you can find kraft parcel wrapping in a large roll at Costco or, I imagine, at office supply stores or drugstores. That's a fun idea!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this tag. Everything about it is perfect! I want those tag dies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tag done in your beautiful style! Extra love the overlapping - what a cool look that is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUTE CUTE tag Kim, very festive! Hobby Lobby sells large rolls of simple design Christmas wrap in a few designs and colors. My fave is the red with polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim...this is just so sweet. What a fabulous tag.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tags and the dash of pink is the icing on the cake :) Thank you very much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!