Monday, February 11, 2013

For a Gumdrop Lover

I have been married for 23 1/2 years to a gumdrop, jelly bean, gummi bear lovin' man and I think I finally have the perfect Valentine's card!!

Sweet Love
Sweet Love closeup

Now I just have to stop by Sprouts and buy a big bag of bulk gumdrops!!

The sentiment was actually created as a square-shaped two line sentiment.  (It's from The Alley Way Stamps adoraBOWL.)  Never be afraid of cutting your stamps so they fit.  I played a long time trying to create a card with the square sentiment and it just didn't work.  My only advice is to cut the stamp with some sort of curve so that it can easily be fit back together in perfect alignment.


The gumdrop is from a new set by The Alley Way Stamps called Tiny Treasures.  A few weeks ago for the new release blog hop, I used the mushroom, lighthouse, fish and pinwheel.  My plan for today was to use the bird and/or the snail.  You can see there is quite a variety of stamps in this set!!  But then I saw the new challenge from Addicted to CAS: Candy.  I can't believe that I hadn't put two and two together earlier to create this candy card for my hubby!!


  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Tiny Treasures, adoraBOWL
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie
  • Accessories: Ranger Glossy Accents, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter, Timeless Twine, Papertrey Ink Take Three die, Mark Richards silver metal hearts



11 comments:

  1. Most definitely the perfect card for your husband. Very 'in' too with the neon colours. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about your card! Those gum drops look good enough to eat. Love the sparkle and your design is fabulous! Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww, YUM! They look good enough to eat! Great card, Kim. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute...my Hubby loves them too. They bug my teeth...it's strictly chocolate for me!!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those yummy sparkley gumdrops ... amazing finish on them ... and the little heart is so cute! Thanks for the stamp cutting tip ... I've always masked (which takes ages) but this is a much better idea ... I'll get brave and get trimming! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim. Fantastic card and a great take on this weeks theme. My favourites are the winegums...and jelly babies...and.....oh no, I now have these on the brain as well as chocolate! he he. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic card, I can almost taste the lime coloured jelly, delicious.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm... your gumdrops look delicious and love all the neon colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim,,

    i LOVE your sweets and how they pop. The struture looks great! Clever Idea to cut the sentiment apart and stamp it like this! Thanks for playing along at addicted to CAS!
    Hugs Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a 'sweet' card! Congrats on your win & your prize is on its way! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!