Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Warm Wishes on Merry Monday

It's the last Merry Monday of the year so I absolutely had to be sure to play along.  I dabbled with Merry Monday when they started at the beginning of the year, but I didn't get serious until about August.     I love how far ahead I am on Christmas...for me, being far ahead means I am not mailing on 12/26!!  But I could be completely done had I played from the beginning.  Next year, I guarantee I will be there on Challenge #1!

This card should have been SO easy.  I had a strong mental picture from the moment that I saw the sketch.  But it would not translate.  I saw bright stamped snowflake circles on top of the nordic print (too busy), I tried punched snowflakes (didn't have the right sizes), I tried bright pink buttons with pink paper under the gray (couldn't find anything to go between the buttons)...I refuse to add up how long I spent on this simple card.  I dug to the bottom of my Christmas embellishment box and found an old container of plastic embellishments which I ended up using, but even that was difficult (cute mittens then not three of the same color).  Am I whiny today, or what?  I shouldn't be because, in the end, I like the card!

Warm Winter Wishes

Don't look too closely at the picture though, because as a final blow, I could not get a picture with accurate colors.  The sparkly centers and the small snowflakes match IRL but are a truer blue than in this picture.  No matter what setting I tried on the camera, the sparklies came out more turquoise but the small snowflakes stayed blue.  I am so tired of looking at this card - I just color-corrected in Photoshop!!!


  • Stamps: WPlus9 Fairisle Backgrounds, Winter Wishes (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Going Gray, Pool Party
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Going Gray, Versamark
  • Accessories: Detail White Embossing Powder, American Crafts Holiday House Winter Plastic (really old!), Pebbles Glitter Candy Dots

18 comments:

  1. Kim, I love how your card turned out it has that Nordic/Scandinavian feel to it! I have to agree it was a tough sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kim! I'm so glad you persevered. Your strip is busy, but there's so much interest there and it's in perfect proportion with all the clear space - love the colours, love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card the strip is gorgeous especially with those snowflakes and beautiful sparkly embelishments. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome look Kim! This is stunning and the colours look great! I love photoshop! I enjoy the busy look of your strip, the rest of the card is clean and fresh! It just works!
    Hugs!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty...I love everything you make! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so relate on all the variations a card can take LOL. But this was worth the effort. Going Grey and Pool Party - what a gorgeous combination. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful clean card Kim, I love these colours. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somtimes it just gives us fits, doesn't it, Kim? But so many cards don't, that it's still fun. Your card ended up working! Your strip reminds me of a Nordic winter sweater design. Not sure Nordic is the right word, but hopefully you know what I mean. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, worth all the efforts, your card is an absolute stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stun-ning Kim - another gorgeous creation! I just love the elegance of this beauty. It didn't look like there was any struggle at all. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cool colours ... But this card gives off such warmth! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally worth the effort in the end but I know how frustrating that process can be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE this card, Kim. All the "trials" certainly paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful Kim, love every detail. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card.... Gorgeous colour......
    Hope you are well
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had the same problem, Kim, and I have the discarded pieces to prove it! This turned out beautifully though! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, Kim! Love the colors and your snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!