Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanks for the Turkey!

Well, it happened...I missed last week's CASology challenge - it was the first one that I missed since it started.  I blame a dead furnace and cold Colorado weather. (It's still dead and will be dead for awhile because I have an old house and the furnace room isn't up to code so getting a new furnace also involves permits and construction!!!)  Wonderful mother that I am, I left all my boys (including the husband) down here to deal with the cold house (we do have a fireplace and they used winter weight sleeping bags - they were fine!) and I ran away to our little condo in the mountains!!  It had heat, but it didn't have any cardmaking supplies.

I got back last night and decided that the first thing that I would play along with is CASology with a little colourQ and technostamper mixed in.

Thanks for the Turkey



Also, this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge is Thanksgiving/Thanks!

But now that I have this done, I don't think I will use it.  There is something a little bit wrong about using a cute turkey on a thank-you-for-Thanksgiving-dinner card!!??

  • Stamps: Rosie's Roadshow Turkey, Stampin' Up Pretty Postage
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Old Olive, Soft Suede and Tempting Turquoise CS, Cajun Craze dsp
  • Ink: Memento brown and Copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Turquoise button (from an old collection), WPlus9 Chevron Impression plate, Spellbinders die, EK Success pennant punch

25 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I love how emphasizing the blue gives a modern feel to traditional autumn colours! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - forgot to THANK you for joining us at CASology this week - glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! Love the embossing and little flags. Sorry about your furnace; hate it when those things happen! Stay warm..Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no....no heat? Yikes! I think this is adorable, you can send it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRRRRR! Hope you get the heat issues resolved soon Kim. Love this little card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable card! Hope you get the heat back on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so sweet! LOVE the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card the image and layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim your card is perfectly CAS and perfectly adorable. Thank you so much for sharing with us at both CASology and the colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super colours and design Kim. Keep warm! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe he's thankful that he's not the turkey on the table! Awesome combo of challenges here and I love the little tabs. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    Sorry to hear about your furnace nightmare! Hope it gets resolved quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is cute! Love those little banners!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No heat?! I'd be doing what you did! I'm cold WITH heat in the winter! :) So glad you're back!

    I think that turkey looks rather content sitting there! Love the colorful design and those little pennants peeking out are just too cute!

    Thanks for joining us again at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this one is a dazzler! L.O.V.E.!!

    Thanks for you sweet wishes and encouragement, Kim. I'm so sorry that you have a big furnace fiasco happening which sounds like a really big 'ash' pain! But I did have to laugh that you turned tail and ran off on the boys! Hee Hee. Good luck with it all!

    Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet the boys actually enjoyed there "camping" time, lol. Glad you were able to stay warm--hope it gets fixed soon. I love your card, it is just darling. I love the colors and the way you made the focal part smaller--perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, just too cute and love it that you were able to do three challenges with one card...just so fun! Good luck with your furnace too, sending warm thoughts and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We just had to replace our furnace. Fortunately it was pretty warm at the time, but the code changes make it a really expensive thing to replace.

    I love your little turkey thanks. Maybe you could put "for not eating me" on the inside.

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kim! We missed you! But I am glad you were nice & snug at the condo! (Poor boys)! Your card is a little sweetie! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. heee!! what a cute little card! thanks so much for playing along with CASology each week! (and i hope you get your furnace fixed quickly!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great card, so colorful and groovy. No craft... supplies what a pity. What did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute card ... love the mix of sentiment and image!! Hope you're not chilly for too long! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely brilliant Thanksgiving card.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you've used the Postage Stamp set on this card. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!