Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Peace on Earth (with Dimension!)

I was looking at all of the current challenges that I wanted to play this week while life was a little easier without running the kids to schools and practices, etc.  (Plus, my husband cooks Thanksgiving dinner so I am free and easy!!)  There are so many, I decided to combine three in this card!

Peace on Earth

I started with the technique challenge at Technique Tuesday: 3D Punched Elements.  They have a nice picture tutorial of how to put these together!  For my tree, I used two different blues and then covered every other panel with glitter - just trying to give the tree some shadow an dimension!  (If you ever have group cardmaking events with kids and teens - this is a great technique to use - check it out here!)

I was going to do a traditional green tree, but the Winter Blues challenge at CAS-ual Fridays called my name.  I'm glad it did, because the blues led me to the beautiful sentiment and the soft background paper.

In keeping it very clean and simple, I went with the current sketch at iSpy Sketches


  • Stamps: Verve Star of Wonder
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Silver Shimmer, Bashful Blue, Bliss Blue (retired), Going Gray (retired), Bo Bunny Powder Mountain
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Brocade Blue (retired)
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Pretty Patches Tree die, Bo Bunny Powder Mountain gems, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter (applied with spray adhesive)



19 comments:

  1. Very pretty Kim! I love how you added the sparkly accents and the cool blues really look great on a holiday card. Have a happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...love the colours and the 3D tree!! Wow...Hubby cooks a big dinner...how did you luck out with that? Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card I love the Christmas tree and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is AMAZING!!! LOVE the subtle hints of shimmer--and that tree is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday again! Congrats on your Showcase honor last month--please email me to claim your digital prize! More info on the blog--along with your winners badge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, and clever and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Subtle and Stunning. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-this is stunning. Love the colors you chose and the little glints of silver! Your tree is fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blues are lovely. Gorgeous card and gorgeous sparkle. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim how beautiful! Just stunning in blue and silver. You did a great job with the 3D tree! Thanks for joining us for Mynnette's Technique Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the soft colours, Kim! Definitely a winter feel. Wow! You have a "one in a million" hubby! I imagine thanksgiving is a bit hectic ... So not having to cook ...must be so nice! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kim, oh wow this is so gorgeous. I love the bg papers and the richer colour of the 3d punched element is fab.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday this month for the 3D Bargello Element challenge. We really do appreciate it and we hope to see you again at the next challenge Karen Technique Tuesday Crew

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this glittery, blue tree and the glittery silver paper! Very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very eye-catching, Kim! I was drawn to the 3-D Christmas tree and then noticed the beautiful glitter and details! I also love the placements of the gems and pearl! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I love the soft colors, and the gorgeous glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, fellow contender! Love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Kims! I missed this one somehow with the turkey do. I'm so happy you got a shoutout for it from CFC so I could see it! SO well-deserved; this is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Kim~congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This tree is beautiful! I totally love blue, white and silver for my Christmas colour choices. The glitter you added is fabulous; it really adds to your tree. Thanks for entering our 3D challenge! I hope you will come back and join us for our Faux Tile challenge too.
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!