Sunday, November 4, 2012

Passion for Papertrey: Some Inky Love

The blog challenge, A Passion for Papertrey, challenges us to use a Papertrey Ink set that hasn't seen love yet.  That's so easy for me that it's almost hard!

I am a collector as much as I am a cardmaker - so I have no shortage of uninked sets.  For this card, I narrowed it down simply by the fact that I had the unused PTI tree die out with an idea for a different card.  This pointed me toward Christmas, which then led me to the very unique set Peace Be Still - an unused stamp and an unused die.  Then I decided to really throw caution to the wind and I pulled out some unused PTI paper!!

Be Still
I cannot believe that I hadn't shown love to any of these unused products!!
I did the tree as a window because I loved the cards that I was seeing over at The Catered Crop's Challenge to accentuate the negative!!
A marching band update - bittersweet news.  My son's band did move up a spot to 9th in the state, but only the top 8 bands competed in finals - I think it was almost worse for them to get that close.  On the other hand, they moved up by beating their cross town rivals for the first time EVER and that took A LOT of the sting out of missing finals.  
We have plans today to gather around the TV and cheer for our Denver Broncos. (I only have five minutes to type and link this!)  But Andrew is so exhausted from the last few weeks of marching band, that he stumbled downstairs, ate some breakfast cereal and is already sound asleep on the family room floor. We decided to let him sleep a little as long as we could hear the football game over his snoring!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Peace Be Still
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen and Ripe Avocado CS, Holiday Flourishes and Swirls dsp
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Ripe Avocado, Fresh Snow
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Peace Be Still die and tree die, May Arts gold twine, Recollections gold (on the leaf sprig), Martha Stewart Fine Crystal glitter (on the tree), sparkle white embossing powder (on bird)

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love everything about it - the colors, the pattern paper, the glitter tree, the snowflakes around the edges, the little olive branch pearls, the tinsel twine - everything is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous I love the layout and all that sparkle is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty...love the sparkle and that window look! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Kim! I love the sparkle and the snowflakes on the kraft panel. Such a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS Kim! And I might just case it since I just got this set a few weeks ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim. So glad you decided to reach for these previously unloved supplies - you've come up with a corker of a card as a result - well done and thanks for playing along with us at A Passion for Papertrey.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty! I love the cut out tree with the glitter peeking through it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this...such a beautiful subtle color combo, wonderful papers and a sweet diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Kim. I love your subtle colors. It's such a peaceful card. Love the tree as a negative die cut, too! ann y.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe it either, Kim! This is unbelieveably beautiful and so pinned. I'm drooling over every tiny thing about it!

    I'm sorry to hear about Andrew's win/lose. What a roller coaster ride for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good card, beautiful colour decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! I just love everything about it: the stamped dove and snoflake, the cut out tree, the glitter paper and the color combo, and then off course the general design. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Kim, your card is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you dug these out! What a gorgeously elegant card! And that paper is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, this is gorgeous! Love the soft shimmer and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, I LOVE your glittery tree and the birdy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Christmas card is absolutely Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card love the negative die cut tree with the glitter behind and that gorgeous twine x
    ((Hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card - love the muted shades.

    Thanks for playing along at A Passion for Papertrey.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one beautiful card! I love the simple sentiment, the sparkles and the twine treatment - stunning!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a beautiful card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!