Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Retro Fab Friday

This is my second post today.
CAS(E) this Sketch is just a post away!

The current Fab Friday is a wonderfully rich color combo.



It certainly feels like fall, doesn't it?  But, for unknown reasons (as I am typically a very traditional color person) I didn't make a fall card!  I made a Christmas card...

FAB Friday colors


I also really love this week's sketch at retrosketches so definitely had to put the two together!


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Ornamental Christmas, Petite Pairs
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Champagne Glimmer
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Scallop Border Punch, ornament dies, copper cording, misc sheer ribbon, Copper Stickles (on ornaments)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card...love the non traditional colours!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! I love Christmas cards using non-traditional colors. I love the added bit of shimmer from the glimmer paper. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card I love the colours you have used and the design is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little touches of glimmer on the edge of the ribbon and scallop give your card it's festive feel. It's great fn to play about with non traditional colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm ... Simply divine, Kim! So elegant but cosy at the same time! Haven't taken to any of the new in-colours but this midnight muse is beginning to beckon. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The glimpse of Glimmer paper along with the bit of sheen on the ribbon and cording looks awesome with these colors. Great non-traditional Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I really love your card! I wouldn't have picked these colors for Christmas but it turned out AMAZING! Great job thinking outside of the box! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!