Saturday, November 5, 2011

There's a whole lotta "CASE"ing going on!!

As a general rule of thumb, I haven't posted cards that I have totally CASEd from someone else.  But a good friend recently pointed out to me that she reads my blog, but isn't as obsessive/anal as I am about reading a hundred other blogs and keeping up with new releases.  She wants to see even CASEs on my blog so she can see the products and techniques.  Plus, I realized how great I feel when somebody CASEs one of my cards!!  So...this week...there has been a whole lotta "CASE"ing going on!!

The first card comes straight from Papertrey Ink, made by the great Nichole Heady.  When you are browsing Papertrey, always click on View Idea Gallery button for the set - they have spectactular samples from a variety of designers with different styles. This one is from the Star of Wonder gallery.

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Star of Wonder, Mehndi Medallions
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel and Ripe Avocado
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Aged Mahogany, Versamark
  • Accessories: Papertrey Mat Stack 3 die and Layerz Mat Stack 3, Ranger Detail Gold Embossing Powder, white pen

This next card would have been a 100% of Lisa's Star Card except for two things (1) amazingly, I don't have that incredible sentiment and (2) a long time ago I gave up trying to emboss on black paper - it greatly increases my blood pressure trying to remove stray powder whether or not I use an embossing buddy or used dryer sheet!  The blue on my card gave it less depth than Lisa's card, so I tried to compensate with a little bling on the star.  You definitely want to check out her card as it truly is head and shoulders above my CASE.


  • Stamps: Biblical Impressions (very, very old)
  • Paper: Papertrey Enchanted Evening, silver cardstock from Michaels (no brand listed)
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Quickutz star die, detail silver embossing powder, Memory Box bling

This CASE is from the display boards at Archivers.  I was a little irritated the day that I found this card because it had this incredibly sparkly paper on it - that Archivers DIDN'T carry.  They tried to compensate by listing Olive Best Creations Glitter Cardstock on the card's recipe, but when I pulled the Olive it was NOT the one on the card.  So...taking it as a personal challenge...I went online hunting...and found it!!  This is THE best Christmas sparkly green paper ever because it carries a little gold sparkle and maybe a hint of red.  It's Best Creations Glitter Cardstock in Kiwi Gem.



  • Stamps: Northwoods, pine branch unknown
  • Paper: Papertrey Leaf Green, Pure Poppy, Kraft; Best Creations Kiwi Gem Glitter Cardstock; watercolor paper
  • Ink: Staz-on Black, Versmark (for the pine branch in the background), Stampin' Up Bashful Blue and Crumb Cake (for the watercoloring), Copics and Prismacolors (FYI: Prismacolor markers are alcohol based as are Copics, but they have differents ends - one is super fine and one is very broad.  In general, those two tips aren't great for coloring things in - but it is very handy to have a few basic markers around for the fine tip - such as when you are coloring pine boughs)
  • Accessories: Aquabrush, Stickles

Here's another CASE from Papertrey Ink.  This one is in the gallery for the stamp set Christmas Blessings which is the sentiment.  The dove is a coordinating die from the set Peace Be Still.

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Peace Be Still, Christmas Blessings
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink, Ripe Avocado, Best Creations white glitter cardstock
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Peace Be Still die, corner rounder, misc white ribbon and red gems

The last CASE for today is from Sue's Heart Prints Gallery.  Sue is the QUEEN of embossing folders.  This card is a mishmash of two of her recent cards using this tree die cut.  I didn't have the embossing folders that she used (surprising, huh??) so had to change it up a little, but it is totally inspired by Sue.


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Best yet
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Papertrey Pinefeather
  • Accessories: Tim Holtz die, Sizzix embossing folder, Memory Box gem
With that snowy tree, I have to share a few pictures from my backyard.  We got a mini blizzard on Wednesday - the kids were even home from school, but Thursday dawned sunny and beautiful and the deer came to play!



5 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful cards Kim and such great CASE's too. I often think I will CASE that but then forget where I saw it...it's a great way to share your inspiration to others too:)
    The visitors in your garden are just adorable, what a beautiful scene to greet you :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. We have to do a house swap one of these days! Your back yard is amazing! The only thing frolicking in my back(besides the hounds) are lizards and the occasional stray heron. I love my lizards but they're not as cute and cuddle looking as the deer!

    You are the CASEing queen - you always manage to capture the essence of the card but still make them completely your own. And you are able to rock any style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CASE ideas all the time and I'm glad to see I'm not alone! Your cards are all lovely...how flattering to those who have inspired you! The pictures from your yard look like postcards...nature at its best! (Enjoy that view...I have neighbors with a broker dryer so all I see out my back window is their laundry blowing in the wind!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It is sooooo lovely to see 'your place' ... I am in awe of the snow. But ... can brag that we do have deer up the back of our property! We don't see them too often ... but occasionally they make their way down to the dam to drink. The cards are delicious! I can understand why you were keen to CASE them. I have a gazillion of yours bookmarked to CASE ... and am keen to do some soon! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an impressive gallery of CASEs! All are beautiful and I'm sure will be well received. The scenes from your backyard are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!