Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jewelry Inspiration with Snowflake Flourish

I generally don't play along with inspiration challenges.  I think it's my actuary/math background.  I like the structure of a sketch challenge or the guidelines of a color challenge.  But I do often look at inspiration challenges and today's inspiration challenge at Splitcoast Stampers pointed us to a fun Etsy store - Singing Cat Studio.  I plan to order a necklace but I am having a tough time narrowing it down!

I had this Snowflake Flourish set in my overflowing box-of-stamps-that-will-not-be-put-away-until-they-see-ink.  I thought it would work well to mimic the flourishes, textures and colors of this bracelet.


  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Snowflake Flourish
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Brocade Blue, Canson Gold
  • Ink: Versamark, Stampin' Up Old Olive
  • Accessories: Detail Gold Embossing Powder

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim - this is really beautiful!! I love the clean structure of the squares, paired with the flourishes of the snowflake stamp(s). Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold border flourish is gorgeous Kim. Lovely card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ... I think you need to do more of these INKspiration challenges, Kim! I think you underestimate that little brain of yours!!! This is fabulous! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those rich jewel tones and the gold snowflakes and flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful quote and so beautifully showcased!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!