Friday, October 7, 2011

Just Add Sweet Royalty: Time for Sharing

I just got some die cuts from Memory Box - they came yesterday and Just Add Ink's challenge for this week is Just Add Die Cuts - it's meant to be!!



There are two other challenges out there this week that I had to play!  Stampin' Royalty has a great color challenge that adds purple in with fall colors - adding purple (or blue) to oranges/yellows is always fabulous. 

The Sweetest Thing has a sketch challenge that I really needed.  My Cuttlebug will not cut one small part of this die even with multiple shims - so this sketch allowed me to cut that part off!  (FYI: Memory Box dies are really intricate and gorgeous and I do have great luck with them using my Big Shot, but my Big Shot is buried in my scrapbook room under old sheets while I am paying my teenager to take down a wallpaper border.  Sounded like a great idea - just didn't know that it would take months!)



  • Stamps: Hero Arts (a REALLY old stamp - it's in the first few pages of my stamp index which makes it more than a decade old!)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up More Mustard, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla CS and So Saffron dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up More Mustard
  • Accessories: Memory Box Wreath die, Nestabilities Circle die, Family Treasures leaf punch, Stampin' Up Scallop border punch, misc ribbon

13 comments:

  1. Purple really does add pop to the Fall colors! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim, love these colors together, and I love the wreath slightly off the panel, such a cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting colour combo and it really works, love the wreath die, the detail on them is what makes them so appealing isn't it!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, Thank you for the very thoughtful comment on my blog! Your card is beautiful! Love your interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely - I really like the splash of purple in the bow and border. A lovely autumn card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combo on this card! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really beautiful card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous combo of colour and sketch. Fits both challenges perfectly. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the combination of challenges has got you to create an absolutely gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you do it??? Another perfectly colour balanced card! Just beautiful, Kim! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful autumal card Kim. You've really combined the challenges to wonderful effect. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors in this card. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!