Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Taylored Expressions Happy Birthday Cutting Plate

I recently needed to quickly make a birthday card to get it mailed on time (so a simple card) but it was for a very special lady (so a "stepped up" card).  A cutting plate to cover the entire front works perfectly for the "quick and simple" part.  Cutting plates add detail with just one big die cut.  They are also easy to "step up". My favorite ways of doing this are either by sponging the background with various colors - or by making it a giant shaker card.  I went a slightly different direction for this card when I saw that the banners in Skinny Mini Party Borders matched the detail in the Happy Birthday Cutting Plate.

Taylored Expressions Happy Birthday Cutting Plate

I liked the warmth of a Toffee background, then I picked colors that had coordinating enamel shapes so I could add a final accent of tiny little hearts to the balloons.  The colors of the extra banners pop and give it a celebratory look but even with all of the detail, it's still a quick and clean card!!

Taylored Expressions Happy Birthday Cutting Plate

Quick, easy, and sent to the birthday girl on time!!

SUPPLY LIST

3 comments:

  1. Very cool card, Kim! What a great way to make a quick card, and even with your additions, I'll bet it went together fast. LOVE the toffee background with your pops of color. This is just fabulous! Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and festive card, so cute Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!