Thursday, August 3, 2017

TE Release Day: Pumpkins and Sliding Owls

It's release day at Taylored Expressions! Everything you have seen this week is now available. I'm not going to chat much because there's shopping to do - but I do have two more peeks at this release.

There's a new addition to the Peek-a-Boo line of stamps - Peek-a-Boo Halloween.  I took one look at the witchy and decided he needed to fly/slide across the sky using the On the Right Track slider dies from the last release.

Here he is on the branch.

Taylored Expressions Whoo's Scared

And he starts his trip on the moon before tumbling down to the branch!

Taylored Expressions Whoo's Scared

This stamp set also includes two other spooky cute little animals and a number of perfect Halloween sayings.  It's all absolutely charming!

Here's my supply list but be sure to keep reading for one more card!

SUPPLY LIST



Taylored Expressions Whoo's Scared


I'm going to change directions a bit and go with a Thanksgiving card - although if you take a peek at this set there are also Halloween options.  It's a new addition to the Simply Stamped layered stamping series - Simply Stamped - Pumpkins.

I love the dimension you get with layered stamps!!

Taylored Expressions Simply Stamped Pumpkins

Here's a closer peek.

Taylored Expressions Simply Stamped Pumpkins

I watched a video from Taylored Expressions on using the Misti for layered stamping.  (Check out the Taylored Expressions Facebook page, Videos, May 8th on Misti.)  I actually didn't own a Misti until I saw this video and how amazing it is for layered stamps.  I got mine at the same time I got the Simply Stamped - Pumpkins and immediately started playing.  I set it up for stamping multiple times and started playing with colors.  I knew I wanted Candy Corn as the base.  I stamped it off once for the first layer and then full strength for the second.  (The only tricky part about it was that once you have the stamps on the Misti you don't want to remove them.  So to stamp off once, I inked the base layer, I took an acrylic block, stuck a post-it on it and used it to "stamp" on the base layer (like upside down stamping!) to stamp it off once.)  I didn't know which top layer to use so here are some of my experiments.

Taylored Expressions Simply Stamped Pumpkins

The pair on the upper left with stems use Dijon.  Then clockwise from there are Earl Grey, Sugar, Cube, Peapod and Pumpkin.  I like them all for different effects, but I wanted an elegant Thanksgiving card so I stuck with the Dijon.

Taylored Expressions Simply Stamped Pumpkins

This is just a quick post because it's time to head over to the TE Blog for links to all of the designers and to find out if you won a prize if' you've been answering the Question of the Day. Then head to the TE Store because it's full of new products!

SUPPLY LIST



1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of owls so I absolutely adore your super cute card!!
    Your Thanksgiving card is absolutely beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!