Monday, August 21, 2017

Cattitude is Everything Gift Tin

I took my son back to college last Friday.   A little sad for me, but not too sad.  I know he loves it there - it's become his home.  And it's only 90 miles away.  Plus I still have a high school senior and a husband (who just had his second foot surgery and will be non-functional for months so it's like having a small child again!!)

I wanted to give my son some words of encouragement but he's not a serious kind of guy.  In honor of our annoying but totally beloved family cats - I created this gift tin for him.

Cattitude Gift Card

I totally forgot to take a picture of the inside - and that's what really makes it right for him.  Although "cattitude is everything" - on the inside I stamped "Coffee helps!!" and included a large coffee gift card.  He loved it.

The back-to-school trip was interesting.  We went last Friday evening and Colorado was already bracing for the traffic for today's big event (for those not in the direct path and haven't had news coverage 24/7 - big solar eclipse today!!) The interstate back to Colorado State University is the same interstate to Wyoming where the eclipse is total!!

Untitled

It is insane!  Sadly, I didn't even get eclipse safety glasses.  Who knew they'd be sold out absolutely everywhere weeks in advance?   Dinky little hotel rooms in small towns are going for thousands of dollars.  I've heard stories of small towns in Oregon who have totally run out of gasoline.  Cell service is a huge problem in these states. Apparently the population of the state of Wyoming will double today!!  (But I just saw a local news story on Stapleton, Nebraska this morning and it's cloudy, rainy and drizzly.  There are going to be a lot of extremely disappointed people.)

SUPPLY LIST

4 comments:

  1. This is just adorable and perfect with the bit of humor. We made the old fashioned viewer out of a cereal and shoe boxes yesterday so there is always that option, haha! Hope the craziness passes quickly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable!!! Love the fun little cats and that sentiment is awesome!! I did not get eclipse glasses either and so I missed it. However, the weather was cloudy and we were not getting the "full" effect where I was anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like it's the perfect gift for your son and it's super cute too!! I wasn't able to get eclipse glasses either. Then there were all of the stories about those that were unsafe, so I was kind of glad I didn't! We will be in the direct path in 7 years...think I'll prepare well in advance for that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!