It's here! It's time for the Cutting Edge Blog Hop sponsored by Pretty Pink Posh! It's going to be a fabulous weekend. Today, I have the thrill of being a guest designer. There's much more fun and inspiration at Pretty Pink Posh. Then tomorrow, all of you get to link up your projects featuring die cuts. Check out this amazing list of sponsors. There are many, many prizes available if you play along.
- I love dies with stitched edges. It makes the die-cut look so finished. It gives it a "frame" without adding lots of layers and bulk. Pretty Pink Posh is new into die-cuts but the four that they have released all feature the stitched edges. This card uses the Stitched Film Strip and also the rectangle from Stitched Duo 2 but slightly altered (see below).
- I love word dies. It makes the sentiment pop from whatever you have in the background. On my card, I have a lot going on (at least for one of my cards!!). There are layered dies and bright flowers and 16 sequins. But even so, you cannot miss the sentiment. I have my sentiment on a white strip but a die-cut works well even directly on top of other dies or patterns. The "happy" die is from WPlus9's Happy Trio and works with their Whole Lotta' Happy stamp set.
- I love dies that match stamps. I am scissor-impaired so trying to cut around edges of stamps has always been an exercise in frustration. Coordinating dies keep things neat and tidy, and keeps my frustration level down. These stamps and dies are the Spring Blooms and coordinating dies from WPlus9.
- Stamps: WPlus9 Spring Blooms and Whole Lotta' Happy ("for you")
- Paper: Simon Says Stamp Fog, Smoke and Slate
- Ink: Simon Says Stamp Slate, Sunshine, Orange Peel, Schoolhouse Red, Green Leaf
- Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Film Strip and Stitched Duo 2 dies, WPlus9 Happy Trio and Spring Blooms die, Pretty Pink Posh Sequins: 6mm Marigold, 6mm Mossy Green, 4mm Pumpkin and 6mm flat tangerine