Monday, March 24, 2014

Viva la Verve: Sweet Baby

I am back from Chicago and happily sitting down this morning to craft.  Check out the beautiful weather and wonderful people!  It is so much fun to meet other crafters in person - not just on their blogs!

Untitled
The Chicago skyline with Stacey Schafer

1510583_10202883286990519_987142749_n
Chicago-style pizza with Stacey and Cathy Santie

In terms of crafting, I'm feeling a little rusty.  This simple little card took more time than I care to admit. I'm still not totally happy with it and I can't even figure out why.  I guess I'll just have to keep practicing with some serious cardmaking time - don't you think???

Sweet Baby

I am playing along with the current Viva la Verve challenge that includes a sketch and an inspiration.  I didn't go with the florals but I did pull the pinks, grays and a touch of green from the photo.



The sequins and the twine are from the Pretty Pink Posh Springtime Embellishment Kit which actually sold out on its first day!!  The parts of the kit are still available - check out the great sequin mix with the large and small floral sequins.  I also tried really hard to get the chevron ribbon on this card - it's a lovely soft ribbon, but I just couldn't get the yellow to work on this particular card.
  • Stamps: Verve Treasured Words
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette, Papertrey Ink Soft Stone CS
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Papertrey Ink Soft Stone
  • Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh Springtime Embellishment Kit, My Favorite Things Doily die, misc sheer white ribbon


13 comments:

  1. Well I for one love the polka dots and the sweet little baby carriage!! Great photos of you pretty crafty ladies! Sounds like a good time Kim ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip, Kim!!! Your card for today is so super sweet! Love the polka dotty baby carriage and the touches of sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous baby card!! Hope you had a blast in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the polka dots! Gorgeous doily, and where would you be without your so beloved sequins? They're the perfect finishing touch and match perfectly with the little coloured spots on the baby buggy.
    Nope, your card is great and no one can tell by the look of your card how long it took you to make it! :-)
    Honestly, cross my heart! At least not as long as it takes me to even gather my stuff to make one, LOL!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. such nice pics of you and your blogfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable Kim! Sometimes they come together with ease and sometimes we struggle with them.
    Looks like you had a fun visit with friends....you all look great in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is as sweet as the photos you shared, I am glad you had a great time in Chicago :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is as sweet as the photos you shared, I am glad you had a great time in Chicago :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card. Love the polka dots and mix of ribbons you used. Yeah for a fun time with Stacey in Chicago too :) I was so happy to be able to meet Lesley Croghan this weekend even though our time was waaaay too short!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the opportunity last week to get togehter with blog friends, so I know how much fun that can be...
    This week I was busy with family visiting all week so I know what you mean by feeling "rusty" I'm having a difficult time getting back into card making...
    But,
    I don't think you did your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is super cute! Love the polka dots! Looks like you had a great time in Chicago! Thanks for sharing pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card! And what a great trip to meet up with stamping friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is lovely, Kim - and the folks at Verve agree with me! Sweet, soft, pretty - perfect for a wee one! Meeting crafty friends is amazing, as my recent visit with the awesome Geri proved. Thanks for sharing photos; you gals are gorgeous!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card, and it was such a pleasure to meet you! I hope that we can all get together again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!