This card is still one of those I made last week with the-friend-who-has-more-than-I-do. Fab Friday has a color challenge that includes Sahara Sand. In their write-up, they specifically mentioned that some people may not have Sahara Sand - which I interpreted to mean that maybe it wasn't a fave color. I arrived at my friend's house with no idea what I was going to make, but the rest of the group was in a discussion as to whether any one ever used Sahara Sand. Obviously, I had to give it a try!
I really had no idea Sahara Sand was so low on everybody's list. The team at Fab Friday must like it because they also included it in their second ever challenge and that color combo is one of my all-time faves - here's my card for it.
Do you like Sahara Sand?
The real problem for me in this color combo was Calypso Coral. That's my least favorite color!!
So, I solved all of these problems by just including a dash of each color!!
The sketch is from an old sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch!
As I think that I have mentioned this once or twice - I love my iPad and I use it regularly for crafting (or at least organizing my crafting). One of the things that I do is provide direct links to archives of my favorite challenges. I create my links, then place them all in one folder on my iPad - I'm never short of inspiration. Here's how you do it.
- Find out if your favorite challenge has an archive. For CAS(E) this Sketch - it is here. It's just a page that shows all past sketches.
- Bring that page up in Safari on your iPad or iPhone.
- Click on that little box with the arrow coming out of it (the sharing button)
- Choose the option to "Add to Home Screen"
- It will prompt you for a name for this icon, just type in the challenge name.
You now have an icon that, with one click, brings you immediately to all of the sketches!!
I check out my favorite challenges, created icons for all of them that I could, then added them to a folder called "Inspiration". It's my favorite folder on my iPad!!
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Bloomin' Marvelous (a sale-a-bration set), That's the Ticket
- Paper: Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade
- Ink: Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade, Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral, Pink Pirouette
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Ticket Punch, Pink Pirouette button, white twine