Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Never Give Up Hope

On the first Wednesday of every month, The Alley Way Stamps has a free digital stamp.  I am particularly in love with this month's - Never Give Up Hope...

Believe

Isn't that a wonderful butterfly?  It's fun, but meaningful.  The sentiment that I used came from the TAWS Christmas Magic set.

I used the colors from colourq which were also meant for October's Breast Cancer Awareness month.  (FYI - I tried easily 50 photos in different lights because in real life, the two darker ribbons are exactly the same color - but I simply don't have the photography skills to deal with the different colors reflecting from the different fabrics - sorry!)


I also wanted something a little frilly - that's not normally my style so I relied on a sketch from cardabilities.

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps digital freebie, sentiment from Christmas Magic
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette
  • Ink:  Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Copics
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter (on butterfly wings), misc black baker's twine, ribbon from Stampin' Up and other miscellaneous sources, Queen & Co Twinkle Goosebumps



20 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Kim! Lovely interpretation of sketch, lovely colours and beautiful message of your card! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love the images ... And the colours! The fluttering ribbons team so well with the flutterbys! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab butterfly and lovely row of ribbon tags. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply adorable...great take on the sketch and fabulous use of the CQC colors! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kim!! Love all the little ribbons, the embossing and of course that cute butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us @ Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and so true, never give up! Job well done. Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities this time round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These ribbon strips are so cool Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim , I had to laugh when I read how many pictures you said you had to take. I did twice as many as you today . Ugggg so I can relate! Love your beautiful ribbon card and such a pretty glitter butterfly . Thanks for your sweet coments too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love how you used the ribbon to make the pennant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous Kim, I love your colouring on the butterfly and all the yummy ribbon. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your color play with this digital image! What a perfect card for this time of the year! Thanks for sharing, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, Kim, love the window, the butterfly, but my favorite is the ribbon banner! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card! Don't you just hate it when you can't get your picture to reflect what you see IRL? Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do frilly well! This is such a great card with an uplifting message. I love all the sparkly bits too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, I love your ribbon banner! Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous card! I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful care... it is stunning!
    Thank for joining us at Cardabilities.
    HUGS,
    Sonia-SKdigis :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Alley Way stamps too! I didnt know they did digis as well TFS! You card is gorgeous and I love the fold over ribbon, it looks really effective! Thank you for joining in and sharing with Cardabilities this challange xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the ribbon! Thanks for playing along with the cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!