Wednesday, October 10, 2012

CASology: A Bargello Leaf

This week's cue word at CASology is "leaf".  I absolutely love leaves and no matter how many leaf stamps I own, I always manage to buy more!

But...did I use a leaf stamp on my card...NO!

Because I also was enthralled by a technique challenge on the Technique Tuesday blog - bargello.  Mynette gives easy instructions for creating a wonderful pattern.  I created the pattern as she described and then die cut my leaf.  Love it!!

So Thankful

One word of advice if you try this.  Do not ignore her instructions about using a strong adhesive and getting every little part of the paper - especially if you are going to die cut.  I thought I did well, but I did spent way too much time with a tweezer re-adhering those tiny pieces at the tips of the leaves.  If you adhere well at the beginning this truly is a simple card!




  • Stamps: Verve Amazing Wishes
  • Paper: Simple Stories Harvest Lane 6x6 pad, Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocoalte
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile button, Cane Print Impression Plate, Spellbinders Leaf die, misc twine

23 comments:

  1. Oh Kim this technique is amazing and I love how you used it to create your leaf! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is FANTASTIC!!! Love the dry embossed quilt like pattern--goes perfectly with the bargello leaf! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Technique Tuesday! :) Hope you come play along again next month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun & eye-catching techy, Kim! Perhaps you remember my Bargello Christmas Card? Haven't tried it with a die. I will remember your tip! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. Love it.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim, thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday for this months Bargello challenge and I do hope we will see you again next month.
    Ooh this is so gorgeous!!! I need that leaf die - it's stunning. I love everything about your card. One little tip I reccommend is to use PVA dries clear to stick the strips down to the paper - it does stop the little pieces of paper falling off! hugs Karen TT Crew

    ReplyDelete
  6. aahhh this is stunning, kim!! love that leaf and the beautiful background... thanks for playing along with CASology each week! your cards never fail to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well worth the effort Kim! Love your patterned leaf and the quilt background. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is stunning Kim - just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning - you rocked the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is beautiful. I'm going to have to go check out this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've done this technique as a background before, but I never thought to die cut an image with it! This leaf looks amazing! So striking and colorful against that quilted look embossed background! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is gorgeous! I saw that Mynnette had cased it and I had to check it out! I had not thought to die cut it-but I am going to try! Thank you for the inspiration. And thank you for joining us at Technique Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim, this is such an amazing card, I love the simplicity, yet also the detail, of it. The colours are fab autumn colours too. Super! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is stunning, I love the bargello used on the leaf.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim, this is gorgeous! I'm going to have to check out this technique! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful eye catching creation

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful way to use this technique, Kim! And the embossed background is so perfect for showing it off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great card using a great technique ~ absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your leaf looks like a beautiful quilt - so fitting as the temps get cooler! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful leave made with the bargello technique! Very pretty embossing too! Thanks for joining us for Mynnette's Technique Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!