Tuesday, October 9, 2012

An Autumn Scene with Cloud9

I am thrilled to be a guest designer for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop.  Cloud9 is a monthly challenge to showcase WPlus9 stamps and I do have a thing for WPlus9!!  (They just had a new release with, among other fun things, fabulous Christmas silhouettes and Christmas tree like the pumpkin in my card today....my order is in transit!)

This month's Cloud9 features this inspiration photo:


I liked so many things in the photo - I liked the white/tan house and the direction of the boards, I love the tree decal and the birds on the decorated pumpkin are so fun.  I managed to get ALL of my favorite things in this card!

Autumn Scene with WPlus9

You do have to have a few sets to create this card - three stamp sets and two die-cut sets on one card!  It should say something about my stamp obsession that I have all of that for one card!

If you have WPlus9 stamps, be sure to check out the Cloud9 Blog Hop.  The challenge is issued on the 6th of month, the hop starts on the 9th giving you plenty of time to create, then ends on the 12th.

If you don't have WPlus9 stamps, they are here!  Have fun!

I was also inspired by the colors at Pals Paper Arts as I've already done a lot of black/orange cards and wanted to be slightly different.

  • Stamps: WPlus9 Love Birds (the branch and the bird), Pretty Patches: Pumpkin, Country Charm (the bottom border stripes)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Papertrey Ink Fine Linen CS and dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Papertrey Ink Fine Linen
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Love Birds and Pumpkin dies, Stampin' Up White Raffeta, Spellbinders long ovals

22 comments:

  1. Congrats Kim and your card is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the cutest thing ever! I would have never thought to use these together, yet you have made them look made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous...totally love this card...the colours and patterns are gorgeous! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous...totally love this card...the colours and patterns are gorgeous! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim I love this card and those fantastic images and die cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, when I saw the picture in my blog reader I thought, wow she really goes in for Halloween in a big way! How delightful that you created this scene on a card! I love the heart & leaf hanging from the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your design on this Kim, a fabulous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love the little dies hanging from the twine! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!
    Love this fabulous scene!
    Papers...images...die cuts...
    the whole kaboodle! :)
    And new goodies arrived today...
    playing tonight...
    hope yours landed too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous autumn scene! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun scene you created! I love the orientation of the branch and how you hung the heart and leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Love the striped background - so neatly tied up with a bow! Your scene is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is everything autumn, I love that it isn't in your face Halloween. So effective, clean and oh so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a treat to have you joining us this month! Your take on the photo is brilliant, Kim. I love how you used the branch vertically as a tree, and how cute are the heart and leaf hanging from it?! Such a sweet design, and a great way to showcase Dawn's fabulous stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your take on the inspiration photo! You did an amazing job combining sets! I adore how you used the branch and hung the leaf & heart. The striped paper is perfect and that sweet bow is such a sweet accent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am suitably impressed with your stamping stash! Always something exciting to look at ... But a very bad influence on someone who is trying to be self-disciplined! Love this take on the challenge! The colours you chose are perfect. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Kim. Great take on the photo. Super design with the papers. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. And we are thrilled to have you join us this month, Kim! The cozy fall scene you created is a perfect take on the inspiration photo. I particularly love the branch with the hanging leaf and heart. A fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw your card on the blog hop,and thought wow,I love this card! I am going to see who this Kim is......lol it's you! Your card is amazing ...I love the way turned the paper,and the simple die cuts. I finally ordered a few . gorgeous,Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on being the guest designer this month! Your card is just adorable, I love the way you combined the dots, gingham, country checks, stripes . . . just great!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!