Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A VERY Merry Monday

I have a fun new set to play with so no matter this week's Merry Monday sketch was, I was going to make it fit!!

VERY Merry Greetings


Aren't they wonderfully festive drinks??  I went back and forth on the glitter paper because the actual stamps each have different and very fun patterns for the drinks. 

I also decided to stick with Christmas reds and greens for the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge.

If you have been watching my blog the last few days - I do have a few more pictures from South Dakota.

Carold Heier Gymnasium
This is my son in front of the Carold Heier Gymnasium.  Carold Heier was my father.  He was the assistant principal and then principal of my high school.  In those days, principals were very well known and respected across the town. When he died unexpectedly in 1977, they honored him by naming the gym after him.
Carold Heier Gymnasium

Erik was particularly impressed with the inside of the gym because they just don't build high school gyms like this anymore...at least in Colorado.  I'm always disappointed with the local gyms as they simply do not measure up with what I grew up with!
Carold Heier Gymnasium

While Erik and I were eating at Taco John's - something else that I grew up with that they don't have in the Denver area - we ran into a gentlemen who knew my family in the old days.  He told my son stories about the great man that his grandfather was.  It was truly wonderful to hear and to see Erik learn about and be proud of a man who died long before he was born or even before I was an adult.  

(The Taco John's wasn't quite as wonderful as I remembered it!)

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Happy Hour, Curly Cute
  • Paper: Bo Bunny Mistletoe dsp, Papertrey Ink Pineforest, New Leaf, Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red, Stampin' Up Champagne and Red glimmer, unknown green glimmer
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Papertrey Ink New Leaf
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Fishtails and the new Fishtails Layers dies, Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle, Stampin' Up Espresso twine

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the design. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUst GORgeous! LOve this image.
    Thank you soooo much for joining us this week at CSAYL.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Kim, I love your fun glittery drink glasses. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tribute to your dad. I also can't recommend Taco John's... here in ND they are quite popular but ugh. Not for me. :)I Glad you were able to make such an important trip, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card...love the sparkle! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love every one of your cards, and this one is no exception. The sparkle in those glasses, that candy cane and holly leaves are fabulous details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I really enjoyed your post as my nieces and nephews go to high school in Rapid and use this gym at their school all the time! Cool. from Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute, Kim!!! Love your glittery drinks & pretty papers!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Kim, I love the sparkly drinks! This is a fantastic card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love the drinks! I see I am not the only one that immediately hit the purchase button for the Fishtail Layers dies! I have been hoping for those since they came out with the original set! They have a permanent home on my desktop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry you for the loss of your father, and so early. How wonderful that the gym was named after him. I am sure your grandson is so proud and how wonderful to get to share this with him.
    Love that fun sparkly Christmas card! Love a bit of glitter on a card.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got this stamp set and now you've given me all sorts of IDEAS! The glitter paper is a fantastic way to fill those glasses!

    And how nice that your son was able to see such a wonderful tribute to your father.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the glimmer paper in each cup, such a cute idea. I want those fish tail dies too. Amazing photos of the gymnasium, what a wonderful tribute to your father. Thanks for sharing Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card! I love the glitter in the drinks. And your papers are so pretty! Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The glitter is genius and the trip sounds really special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Christmas card, Kim. I love those sparkly drinks. Your trip pictures are great. What a wonderful experience that must have been for you and your son. It's a beautiful gymnasium.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello, you card is too cute and so gorgeous, thanks to play with us at CSAYL, hope to see you soon, biz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card Kim, love the glittery drinks and every detail on your card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes very festive Kim. Love the glitter in the drinks, fab touch.

    A lovely trip down memory lane for you and how wonderful for your son to see the tribute to his grandfather. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!