Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Snowy Old-Fashioned Christmas

This is my second post today.  It's just a short
scroll down for Dynamic Duos!

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has had a wonderful week of new release festivities with a Christmas theme!  I had so much fun with the new set Old-Fashioned Christmas that I had a card for the blog hop and the VSD at splitcoaststampers and I STILL have one more card to show you today!

Snowy Sleighride

I stamped the image and then restamped it for the trees in the background.  Then I used a white mist and a sparkly mist to make it snowy!!  Not everybody loves snow but this sleigh ride would be my dream come true (as long as I had a warm blanket, fuzzy gloves and a VERY hot chocolate!)

I used this week's Merry Monday sketch although I did move the big embellishment to the opposite side so that the poor horse wasn't trotting into a giant snowflake!!


  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Old-Fashioned Christmas
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Mr. Huey's Color Mists in Calico White and Calico Shine, Spellbinders Create-a-Flake 3, Stampin' Up Midnight ribbon and embossing folder


16 comments:

  1. So pretty...love the colours and embossing! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the hanging snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the shimmery, snowy image...it is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! This is right at the very top of the spectacular-meter! Awesome! Glad you could play with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the blues and white here Kim~WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful, Kim! I would love to take a sleigh ride! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the depth of the tree scene! BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Such a wonderful sparkle quality! Thank you for playing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man! Love this so much! The double stamping looks terrific Kim, so pretty and that sweet little bow/snowflake accent is amazing. Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim your card is stunning, these colours are wonderful and I love the scene you have created. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would LOVE to take a ride on a sleigh on a snowy day. I live in Florida and it is still so very hot. The blue trees in the snow look so realistic. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, Kim! Love all of your shades of blue! Definitely deserving of a top pick at Merry Monday! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love to know exactly what kind of "white mist" you used to make it look snowy. Your card is gorgeous!!! And it's so nice to see a properly tied bow. It makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your deep rich blue and snowy scene. It looks magical! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning Kim, a wonderful winter scene, so expertly executed. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!