Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things...

This is a weekend of farewells.  Yesterday was my last post for Dynamic Duos and today I say goodbye to the Sweet 'n Sassy Design Team.

I have had the honor and joy of serving on the Sweet 'n Sassy Design Team for the past year but, very sadly, this is my last official day.  As we all know, life often has surprising and exciting new plans for us and with the changes in my life, I simply do not have the time to give my Sweet 'n Sassy cards the focus that they deserve.

I love Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and wanted to give you a few samples of what I so love.

First, Rhubarb and Cocoa...two of my favorite  characters!!  Here's Rhubarb all dressed up for Christmas!!  Cocoa is an absolutely charming mouse with his own line of stamps.

Rhubarb's Christmas

Second, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps do cute well, but they also have a variety of lovely and elegant stamps.   (Thanks to my friend Kris for this color/layout inspiration.)

Harvest of Blessings

Third...Christian stamps!!  Many of their stamps are beautiful enough to stand alone.  There are also a large array of gorgeous florals and birds and wedding and baby sets and more, each of which includes Christian sentiments.

Trust in him


I do love Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and they will continue to be an important part of my own card making! 

Rhubarb Santa:
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Rhubarb's Christmas
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade and Raspberry Ripple, TPC Studio Sweet Christmas dsp
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade ribbon, Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse button, Martha Stewart bow punch
  • Challenge: Sketch from Technostamper


Harvest of Blessings:
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Autumn Collage, Friendship Background, Vintage Postcard
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, River Rock
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, River Rock and little sprinkles in Cajun Craze, Summer Sun and Old Olive
  • Accessories: Prima Wood Buttons
Trust in Him:
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Our Refuge
  • Paper: Stampin ' Up Crushed Curry, Authentique Essentials dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake seam binding and scallop border punch, unknown embossing folder (sorry...there's no name on it!)




15 comments:

  1. I am sad to hear you are leaving S and S. Will you be keeping your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card's. Big Hugs Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are going to be missed by both teams. Your creations are always right on and inspiring. These are no different. I actually love the teddy bear one for my sketch best--so clean and cute. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week! All of your cards samples are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so wonderful...especially the yellow one...and I hate yellow...so for me to say I love a yellow card...that's high praise....love it!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. KIm, you have definitely done a great job showcasing S&S stamps...and your cards today are perfect examples! I love them all, but I especially love the card featuring the Christian sentiment...so, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only do these cards show versatility in the the stamps, but your amazing ability to design cards as well! Each is so different and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful trio Kim, the first one is perfect for a little girl and the other two are simply beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a beautiful trio but adore the second one ,the image is truly very elegant and the colours that you have used are gorgeous together!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards Kim and I know that the DTs are really going to miss you. I know exactly what you mean about life often being surprising and I wish you well in dealing with your surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three gorgeous cards Kim, I love the embossed detail on your last card, the elegant collage image on your second and the cute little teddy on the first! All so gorgeous and different in style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too had to make the decision to step down from the SNSS digi team, and it wasn't easy, but priorities constantly rearrange your life for you. Cocoa was my favorite image to color then, and still is today. Your Rhubarb card is adorable, and I love the polka dot heart accent on your blessings beauty. The scripture card is just gorgeous with that embossing surrounding the text! I hope we'll still continue to see cards from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each of these is so unique and special! Sweet and Sassy will miss you I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your last card for this post is outstanding, Kim. I really like the colors, dsp and textures you chose, as well as the way you mounted everything on the card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a really heart-felt and lovely tribute to Sweet & Sassy, Kim. I love each of the stunning cards and designs and love how you presented a well-rounded spectrum of what they have to offer!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards Kim. I'm sure sweet and sassy are sorry to lose you as you showcase your work brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!