Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Butterfly Sympathy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda.


This sketch has so many possibilities!  I couldn't decide whether to stamp or use a die cut - but I did know that I wanted to keep the diamond shape - love the look!!  I wasn't finding much in my stamp stash to fit a diamond (although you'll have to check out the rest of the design team to see how Linda used stamps to fit!).  I started flipping through my die binders and saw this quilt!  I make no claims of creativity - and this is going to seem really minor to most of you - but the light bulb came on and I realized I could flip it to look like a little window.  I was quite proud of my little light bulb moment!!

FMS Sympathy

That part of my card was pretty basic so I pulled out this beautiful layered butterfly die and I added a focal point sentiment.  The church card ministry is so often in need of sympathy cards so this direction made sense.

I hope to see you playing along with our sketch this week!

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Birch Press Genevieve Butterfly Layers A,B and C, WPlus9 Quilt Cuts 2, MFT Blueprints 13 (the stitched edge)
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Summer Starfruit and Lost Lagoon, Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow

7 comments:

  1. I love your little window and beautiful butterfly. That dsp behind the window is so pretty, and goes perfectly with the butterfly. A lovely card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definite light bulb moment~worked beautifully! I love all of your die cut work and the window is sweet! Thanks for making my sketch look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this card is sooooo beautiful Kim! Those colours and the mosaic diamond is the perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your window is so clever and creative! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card Kim! I love that window and the butterfly is just gorgeous! The patterned paper looks perfect peeking out! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be proud of that light bulb moment! The second I saw this in the DT gallery, I was in love. Just a beautiful card. And one that will be appreciated by someone in need of a kind word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally appreciate light bulb moments like that. And what a moment that was! Love how that pretty paper is peeking through the window. And the butterfly accent is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!