Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Big Birthday Daisy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy.


I tend to avoid big images.  I don't really know why - my comfort level is in groupings of small images and die cuts.  But I have some big images that I have really wanted to use so when I saw that big star, I decided it was time to give it a try.

FMS Big Birthday Daisy

I clearly strayed from the sketch - sorry Amy!!  At least I went with the big image and the sentiment across the middle.  And the sketch pulled me out of my comfort zone to even use that big image - so I stuck with it!!

I ended up really liking this!  In fact, my grandmother is celebrating her 101st birthday next month - and I'm thinking this sweet flower is just right for her.  It has quite an impact just like she's had over her 101 years!

I started with white cardstock and sponged on yellow, light pink and a slightly darker ink around the edges (which shows up quite a bit better in real life.)  I love sponging on colors - it gives effects like the yellow and combining for a more orange look around the center.

I hope to see you playing along with our sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

10 comments:

  1. Well, I would say a 101st birthday deserves a really big image! And this one is perfect. I love it, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that big flower makes a statement.....as does a 101st birthday! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to your stepping outside of your comfort zone Kim, your rocked it! This is so pretty and absolutely perfect for your grandmother. Congrats to her on 101!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job of stepping out of your comfort zone with this big, beautiful flower. Your grandmother will love this card! Happy Birthday wishes to her at 101!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this card is just beautiful Kim! I love that big, bold flower! Looks amazing with the background paper! So elegant! Your grandmother will love it! I can't even imagine living to be 101! It must be amazing to hear her stories. She's seen so much change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that flower is a beauty! Gorgeous card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Kim! Love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card to celebrate your grandmother!!! I love this big flower and that gorgeous pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly beautiful! That flower is amazing +++

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big images and you get along just fine! I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and used an image you usually avoid - the end result is so beautiful. And happy, happy birthday to your grandmother. 101! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!