Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: So Sweet

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and I have the honor of bringing you the sketch!


I definitely had Valentines on my mind when I created the sketch with the hearts. I like square cards and I love when things go off the edge.  But as usual with Freshly Made Sketches, we welcome your creativity.  I stuck with the hearts. My card might be used for Valentines - but I also think it's a "sweet" thank you card!!

FMS Sweet WM

My own sketch gave me a few headaches. Funny, huh?  I can't tell you how many colors, heart dies and sentiments I had on my table before it was over.  I got to the idea of those pierced hearts fairly quickly, then I tried backing them in red and glitter silver, then I tried cutting them out of kraft, then I tried woodgrain on the kraft.  Sentiments were a problem too. After trying sentiments on different banners - I ended up with this die cut "sweet" - and finally decided that pink and white made sense!!  I swear - I can make even a simple card into a long drawn-out process. It's lucky that I love every step!

I am very excited to see what you do with this sketch.  It is amazing to see a few lines and shapes that I drew on paper, turn into an entire gallery of gorgeous cards!

SUPPLY LIST

8 comments:

  1. Those pierced heart dies are fabulous and the way you got the different color behind each heart is so clever! Gorgeous card and a wonderful sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your sketch this week! And your card is just like your sentiment....sweet as can be! Love the pierced hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how our own sketches give us the most trouble! You've done a great job with this one. Don't even want to work out the process to get the two different colors under your pierced hearts. It's just enough to know that this looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card Kim! I love those hearts and all of that pink! Love the diecut sentiment too! So fun! Thanks for such a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These heart dies are awesome! And I love the little heart in the "sweet" sentiment. Such a lovely card, Kim, and I loved working with your sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is what I know..."simple" is almost never easy!! But this card is totally worth it. Every detail is just right!!! Thanks for such great inspiration this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is definitely a sweet card ! Love all these shades of pink! Thanks for your fabulous sketch. I had so much fun working with it. And I'm surely not the only one, we had a great gallery this week !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!