Saturday, December 9, 2017

Winter Warmth, Peace & Joy

A few years ago, I fell in love with a stamp set and bought it immediately - but then, sadly, it's been in my unused stash for so long that it actually retired at the company. This year I fell in love with a couple of dies from the same company and bought them immediately.  (I usually let things sit on a wishlist for awhile to see if I still love it later.)  For this card, it was clear to me that I should use my old impulse purchase and my new impulse purchase on the same card!

MFT Peace & Joy TCD

I had a number of false starts on this card.  I played with multiple colors (I have a lot of extra poinsettias on my desk for a future card - although some of them are in colors not found in nature!).  I played with the peace as a shaker.  Nothing was quite right.  Then the challenge at The Color Throwdown sent me in the right direction.  Just black, red and gray (although I did add a little sparkle with silver instead). And I hope they forgive me for the small pop of green - although I did deliberately use a dusty green color to stay with the subtle grayish look instead of a bright Christmas green.


I only have five Christmas cards to go!!  And other than my little niece's Christmas violin concert at our local garden center tomorrow - I can settle in all weekend and make cards.  (I already have Hallmark Christmas movies on TV, the tree is lit up and peppermint coffee is poured. When my guys wake up and the TV switches to football - I'll put Christmas music in my headphones.  Yes - I'm one of those people!)

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: My Favorite Things (MFT) Winter Warmth
Dies: MFT Winter Warmth Dies, Peace, Joy, Ampersand
Paper: Glitter Paper from Michaels
Ink: MFT Red Hot, Electric Red, Pineapple, Cactus, Black
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Snowflakes

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous! All that white space with the splashes of red and big die cut sentiment, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kim!! Love the vibrant red and the pop of glitzy silver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Your weekend sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUNNING!!! Your day sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! Joy being my favorite word and the raised white on white letters with pops of red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, Kim! I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! The white-on-white and pops of color and sparkle all work beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant simplicity! Just gorgeous. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pairing of your old-and-new impulse purchases has lead to a card that is, as the others have noted, stunning! Perhaps it was best that the 'old' one waited for the new; a perfect match! LOVE this!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!