Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Peace

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! I am thrilled to be the creator of this week's sketch!  I hope you like it.


This was the rare time that I hadn't created a card first before I submitted a sketch.  That made me really nervous.  I am so visual - until I see a completed card, I don't have much faith in a my own sketch.  But surprisingly for me - this came together quite quickly!

Freshly Made Sketches: Peace

The first decision in this sketch is where to put the sentiment.  Outside of the panels?  At the bottom of the large panel? Focused in the square?  I went with none of the above and put it sideways on the rectangle.  This was only because I had a large set of small dies that I hadn't put away yet, they fell and spilled out of their container when I was trying to get to something else - but instead of grumbling, I had a light bulb moment!  I'll take inspiration in any way it choose to come.!

Freshly Made Sketches: Peace

I found a simple set of snowflakes of the right size that would layer.  As many snowflake dies as I have, this was actually difficult.  It seems I tend toward fairly intricate snowflakes - but I just wanted simple layers.  I found an older set and layered it in white, Coastal Cabana, silver glimmer and then the part that looks blurry in the photo is vellum.

I pulled out Crumb Cake for the frame and am still slightly uncertain about this decision.  I wanted neutral - I thought white would get lost and, although I love grays, I thought it would look too cold!  So I warmed it up (odd thing to say about a snowflake) with some kraft.

I hope to see you playing along - I LOVE to see the incredible variety of cards that come out of a single sketch.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Tim Holtz Block Holiday Words, MFT Let It Snowflake
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Pool Party (with the older patterned paper), Coastal Cabana, Vellum
Embellishments: YNS Gumdrops Magical Pastel

8 comments:

  1. I love this, Kim! And I love how you received your inspiration for the sentiment. This was a fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love light bulb moments! The die cuts worked perfectly! Pretty card! Enjoyed your layered sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch, Kim, and this is a fabulous card to showcase it! The negative die-cut word is perfect and the snowflake so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card Kim! I love that snowflake! It's just so pretty! So perfect for Christmas! Thanks for the great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite all your indecisions this card is fantastic! I love the choice of kraft to warm up those snowflakes (good thing they won't melt) and the vertical die cut sentiment looks great. Your sketch is classic - hard to go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing some comment catching-up this morning (sorry for being MIA...busy days, which I know you understand! And THANK YOU for the visits to my blog.). From the pairing of the aqua/kraft, to the sideways peace (brilliant!)to the lovely snowflake, this is one eye-catching card! I'm glad the spilled dies transformed into a light bulb moment! Happy accidents, right?
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! There is something irresistible about snowflakes! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!