Tuesday, September 5, 2017

TE Sneak Peeks Day 2: Thanksgiving Blessings

It's day 2 of sneak peeks for the September release from Taylored Expressions! Today is going to be all about Thanksgiving - a blessing, and some turkey and pumpkin pie!!  All of the new products you see today will be available on Thursday, September 7.  Be sure to check out each of the creative team members' blogs for all of the sneak peeks - starting with the Taylored Expressions blog.  While you are there be sure to check out all of the festivities, fun and prizes because it is TE's 9th birthday!! (Don't forget to play along with the sketch!)

I love Thanksgiving.  I send a lot of cards and I love that the focus is on "blessings".  So the new stamp set, Thanksgiving Blessings, is just perfect!!

Taylored Expressions Thanksgiving Blessings

I love that sentiment.  I love the saying itself and I love the fonts.  The mix of basic and a bold script is so eye-catching.  The sentiment also gave me a chance to show off some fun new dies.  The pie is Little Bits - Pumpkin Pie and the pitcher and base are from the new Sitting Pretty - Fall Accessories with the shelf from the original Sitting Pretty set.

Taylored Expressions Thanksgiving Blessings

I pulled out my trusty Clarity Stencil Brushes to add the warm yellow glow.  There's nothing better than these brushes for just a soft touch of color!!

Here's the supply list for this card and be sure to keep reading for another sneak peek!

SUPPLY LIST



Continuing with Thanksgiving events, I used the same color scheme to create place cards.  I am using the previously released Take Your Place. I used Versamark ink to stamp the new Autumn Leaves Background.  Then I used the new Little Bits - Turkey Dinner to add a bit of decoration.

Taylored Expressions Thanksgiving Little Bits

I wanted to make these four cards appropriate for my family.  I had to use the full turkey for my husband because since both of our sons topped his own 6'4" stature and started eating us out of house and home, my husband's favorite lament is that he doesn't get the big piece of chicken anymore (or turkey!)

My youngest son is totally into pumpkin pie so I used the new Little Bits - Pumpkin Pie for him.

Taylored Expressions Thanksgiving Little Bits

I actually haven't finished mine or my oldest son's cards.  Mine needs a wine bottle (long story!) and I was shocked to realize that I don't have a TE wine bottle or glass, but soon to be remedied with the purchase of the Wine & Dine die set.  I just haven't decided what to do for my oldest son.  Although he's 21, his palate is still childlike so I thought about using Little Bits - PB & J and/or Little Bits - Mac & Cheese and/or Little Bits - French Fries.  I liked that idea but he does like traditional Thanksgiving food so it might not make sense.  I'm also pondering using the Stacked Coffee Mugs die or the Little Bits - Coffee Cup in a copper foil paper.  My new 21-year old spent some of the summer trying to figure out if he liked alcohol.  Virtually everything is a big "no" - except he does like Moscow Mules.  I haven't had the heart to tell him that what he likes is the non-alcoholic ginger beer because the splash of vodka he adds can't be more than a teaspoon!

That's all for today but definitely be sure to come back tomorrow!!  There are more birthday festivities and many, many more prizes!!  I'll definitely have a birthday card, but there's also a new sympathy product and a really big flower!!

SUPPLY LIST



4 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving is a big deal around our family too, Kim. I cook - enough to feed an army, and that's about how many we have over the long holiday weekend. I make the time on the day to get the seven youngest grandchildren making place cards for everyone. Last years are still sitting on my credenza as I don't have the heart to put them away. That's all by way of explaining the lovely memories you brought to mind with your pretty card, and those fun place cards! I love the images, and that sentiment is fabulous. I just know that the 'grands' would love to use these dies and make Thanksgiving extra special. Thanks for sharing!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that sentiment and your card is so pretty! Adorable place cards too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE...especially the place cards...I make them every year!!! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am loving the die cut work you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!