Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: A Purple Birthday

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy.


I have a work friend with a birthday tomorrow.  She is passionate about purple!  So I had no choice but to combine some purple papers and a glittery balloon!

FMS Purple Birthday

When I got done, I felt the balloon was too high - or maybe the whole design was too high.  I tried to compensate with some heavier sequins to the bottom to draw the eye down, but I don't think it was overly successful.  Oh well - sometimes I just need to get over myself, don't I??!!

I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST



10 comments:

  1. The black sentiment banner is fabulous against all the purple! Fun card for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to jump for joy when she sees this!! What a pretty purple it is and the black really is a great pop against it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and purple are such a striking color combo! This card is gorgeous and the balloon looks fine - but I know what you mean when you feel something is not in the right position!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too high in my world, Kim. It looks just fine, and I'm sure your coworker will love it. One of our daughters is a purple person, too. Purses, shoes, front door, clothes... It suits her, though! Love the sequins, the sparkly balloon, and the black sentiment panel rather much. Sweet card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card Kim! I love the purple background and those gorgeous sequins! I think the card is just perfect the way it is and your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That purple is beautiful, and that is not something I find myself saying very often. :) Your friend will love this card, and she will think everything is positioned perfectly, as the rest of us do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun birthday card Kim! Love the pretty purple paper and the shimmery sequins! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what it is about purple, but a lot of people are passionate about it! Your friend is goind to love this! The colors and patterns are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know your passionate-about-purple friend loved her card, as do I! The balloon and sentiment on black are delightfully eye-catching!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!