Friday, September 1, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Dreamcatcher

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Dreamcatcher.

weloveboho.com

I finally started playing with Distress Oxide Inks last week and I did a number of smoothly blended backgrounds with a bit of water.  I decided I wanted to get a bit messier.  And I figured feathers would be a good way to practice.  I did a larger background and then cut the feathers out of the area that I liked!!  (It's the closest I could get to letting go of control!)

CC Dreamcatcher

I like the results.  These inks really have potential for me personally.  They can be smooth; they can be messy; yet they can still be controlled because the colors build on each other.  

CC Dreamcatcher CloseUp


I hope to see you playing along with our inspiration challenge this week!

SUPPLY LIST


4 comments:

  1. Those feathers are absolutely gorgeous, Kim. I totally get what you mean about 'control.' Not sure I can let loose...but I did once smoosh with saran wrap. EZ but a little out of my comfort zone, lol! This card, however, is simply beautiful. Besides those gorgeous feathers, that sentiment is perfect here. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those feathers look amazing, Kim! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous use of the oxide inks! These feathers look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!