Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Grateful

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile.


Cécile's sketches are always so fun and creative.  They make me put things together in a way that I'd never think of.  I didn't go quite as bold and graphic as the sketch - but I love how it came together.

FMS Grateful

I have a dear friend who recently moved far, far away, and she now lives on a lakeshore.  She sends pictures as she's drinking her morning cup of coffee on the dock.  It's so peaceful and absolutely gorgeous.  So I was thinking ahead to Thankdgiving cards and decided to do a fall lake scene with a comfy chair.  (I'm not sure the lake part is obvious - but there's blue water, fall trees and then sky!  I think she'll see it.)

I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Falling Leaves (sentiment)
Dies: Stampin' Up Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelist
Cardstock: Stampin' Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray
Ink: Ranger Distress Oxides Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Stampin' Up Basic Gray
Embellishments: Stampin' Up Glitter Enamel Dots

18 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way Kim - Cecile's sketches make me layer in ways I wouldn't normally do. Your card is just gorgeous - I loved it as soon as I saw it in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love how you personalized this for your friend! Love the white on white - it really adds to the peaceful theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!! I love your take on the sketch!! The way you used that chair die cut and the leaf is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Kim! I love the use of a typically "summer" chair with the fall leaf and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now THIS is PRETTY! In fact it might just be my favorite card from you ever Kim!! What a spectacular tac eon the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! The colours are fabulous in the bg and I ADORE that leaf!!! Is it SU??!! I "need" it in my life LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just picture the lake scene. We have an abundance of lakes here in WI, including a couple of the Great Lakes, and these colors remind me so much of Fall on any of our lakes. What a great card! That chair and leaf on your 'lake' circle are perfection. CAS and wonderful. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clean.....so crisp.....so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect scene for an end of summer card. The weather here in northern NJ has turned much cooler after a hot and humid last Hoorah of summer in the upper 80's. I thoroughly enjoy sitting on our deck with a puzzle book! Not looking forward to winter...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so pretty! I love the thoughts of drinking morning coffee on the dock! That leaf is gorgeous and it will be a perfect Thanksgiving card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is superb! The lake background is so rich-looking and the die-cuts are so crisp - a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure wish you had directions...this is a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your take on the sketch is brilliant!! Love the oxide background behind these fabulous elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No doubt your friend will see it! Such a lovely, tranquil card. I do love a good maple leaf but I'll admit to being a bit sad that I'll being seeing ones in this color before long! Love the colors of the sponged background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that pretty sponged background! And I love the combination of elements you've used in your collage. A beautiful card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I surely love how it came together, too! There's such a peaceful atmosphere popping out of your card! An what a fabulous distressed bakckground.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning simplicity! I came across your card while I was on Pinterest and had to stop by your blog and tell you how gorgeous it is! I love all of the white with the beautiful accent colors and simple quote. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so beautiful. I like the colours so nice. Thank you for your comming to my blog and your comment so friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!