Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Mermaid Birthday

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle.


I started a new job a little over a year ago and right from day one, I made birthday cards for the people in my department. But a year ago, I didn't know them very well. Now I'm starting to figure out everybody's likes and dislikes.  I learned that one lady has a passion obsession with mermaids.  This sketch seemed like the perfect time to get her card made because I saw those little dots as bubbles!

FMS Mermaid Birthday

As I was shopping for a mermaid stamp, the sentiment was the first thing that I saw at Impression Obsession.  It's made me laugh out loud!!   (I know my workmate well enough by now to know that she will enjoy this!)

FMS Mermaid Birthday

I think the mermaid is lovely and so fun to color.  As a last touch, I colored her tail and the little fish with some clear Wink of Stella.

FMS Mermaid Birthday

I am excited for making these birthday cards over the next year.  A huge part of the joy of cardmaking is the ability to tailor the card precisely to the recipient - images, colors, sentiment - and this year, I have most of my workmates figured out!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Impression Obsession Martha Mermaid, If Your Thighs. PTI Happy Harlequin ("birthday")
Dies: Avery Elle Wonky Stitches, Clearly Besotted Happy (but they no longer sell dies, sorry)
Cardstock: Taylored Expressions Cookie Monster
Copics: BG13, BG05, BG0, YR31, YR20, YR23, YR65, YR68, V15, V17, E51, E11, R20
Other: Clear Wink of Stella, Pretty Pink Posh Clear 4mm Clear Droplets

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful (and beautifully colored) mermaid! And that sentiment makes the set even better. I love how you so perfectly tailor each card for your recipient. That's another talent you possess, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is oh so sweet! Your coloring is fabulous and the sentiment made me laugh out loud! I can soooo relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! Love how you colored that beautiful mermaid!! I NEED that inside stamp!! It is so FUN!! Fabulous, fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and the sentiment is brilliant ;)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I would say this is perfect for your co-worker! Very cute and that sentiment is a HOOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! The colors chosen, the textures, the fine coloring--your friend will be ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and such a fun sentiment! Your co-workers are lucky to get custom made birthday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mermaid is just so cute and I particularly love the sentiment! Great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this card, Kim. The way you used the horizontal element for the sentiment is awesome! ...and the inside is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh she is just gorgeous! I love how you've coloured her - she's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a treat for your work friends to get these amazing cards from you (lucky them!!). I love this so much. Your coloring is fabulous and I think the bubbles are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!