Monday, October 17, 2016

The Paper Players: A CAS Leaf

This week's challenge at The Paper Players is a clean and simple leaf.  I could not let this one go by.



It's been a long time since I've made a 10 minute card.  The kind of card that comes together instantly - and I love it.  This is one of those rare cards.  For this challenge, I knew right away that I had to use the Concord & 9th Give Thanks leaf set.  I must have been really lucky with this one because I have read on many, many blogs about people spending a long time on waiting lists for this set.  I naively ordered it one day, apparently the very hour it came out before it totally sold out, but it's been sitting in my not-yet-used stash. So...today's the day!! 

Then, to add to my excitement - I just opened a package from Papertrey Ink that included the Choose Joy stamp set.  I have absolutely no idea when this came out but somehow I didn't notice it until I saw Leigh Penner's absolutely stunning card. (Funny...I didn't notice until I was linking it that she paired it with a Concord & 9th stamp set too!!)  The sentiments in it are amazing and unlike anything else in my stash - and all in simple, trendy fonts.  When I saw the sentiment with the "heart" and the background to the leaf is a heart - my own heart sang!!!

I did two versions, sort of by accident.  This is the intended version - I wanted it to be fall, but a very soft fall - so I decided to pair PTI's Summer Sunrise with Melon Berry.

The Paper Players Leaf Melon

This next card is the first card that I did. For both cards I used my Mini Misti to add the color.  On this next card, I "over-layered" the Summer Sunrise such that the Melon Berry lost its pink cast, but I love the depth of color that I got.  Since the look of the Melon Berry changed, I used Summer Sunrise in the background.  Exact same card, but I think it's a very different mood.

The Paper Players Leaf Sunrise

Both of these stamp sets are going to take prominent places on my cards for awhile - LOVE them!! (And I haven't even used the matching leaf dies yet.)

SUPPLY LIST



5 comments:

  1. I love them both! Sweet leaf and wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you've designed here. LOVE...Swooning love. WOW! I don't have that PTI sentiment set, but I do have the C9 leaves that are awaiting some attention. Yet again, you've sparked ideas...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, please don't make me pick a favorite!
    Both color versions are just so beautiful Kim. Love to see your cards in our PP gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both just wonderful....CAS to a "T"! Such a sweet sentiment and delightful leaf...I love the color variations! Thanks for sharing this at the Paper Players this week! Always happy to have you play with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!