Sunday, October 23, 2016

Merry Monday: Tis the Snow Season

This week's challenge at the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge is plaid!


I love the warmth and the rustic look of plaid!!  But I didn't go that way.  Mostly because I could not find my brand new paper pad of Christmas plaids and I got frustrated. So given that my hour of crafty time was already down to a half hour before heading out to church,  I used the winter plaids that I was able to find!

MM Snow Season

Speaking of not being able to find something - I just got this stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas.  It's a Limited Edition re-release of a discontinued set.  When I saw the sneak peek of it - I was convinced that I had it so I dug through all of my stamps and paged through my stamp index - it's not there.  I'm still convinced I own it, but just the words "Limited Edition" worried me, so I ordered it again!!  I'm sure eventually the first one will turn up, but until then no worries.  And aren't both of these stories just sad statements of my addiction!!

SUPPLY LIST

The little jewel snowflakes are from Memory Box. I've had them from years and I can't find them anywhere to link them.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely soft colors on your pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find your paper pad of plaids Kim! But in the meantime, I'll take this pretty selection of plaids that go perfectly well with those sweet frosty snowflakes. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how clean and neat this card is! And I love the retro,tree in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, it fun to hear of other crafters who "lose" items in their craft rooms. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I love this pastel plaid card and that stamp set is adorable with different items to use as the "o". Thanks for the inspiration. Have a wonderful day and good luck finding your items. For me, they usually appear in the oddest places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent nearly an hour on Sunday, searching for a wee coffee cup die from Simon Says, and found it, quite literally, in front of my face! Sheesh! I 'could' have opted for another image, but my 'fixation' wasn't about to be swayed! Hopelessly addicted, too (although when I re-order something, I usually have to wait 3-4 weeks!). Your card is gorgeous (yes, I use this often when I visit your place but gosh darn it all...if the adjective fits, then use it I will!). Beautiful winter plaids for your oh--so-pretty snowflakes! Hope by now all the 'missing' items have revealed themselves...I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll design next with them!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!