Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Fa La La

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda from Stampin' Seasons.


I had just unpackaged a recent order from Reverse Confetti that included a wreath and some Christmas ornaments so given the round element on the sketch - it was a no-brainer!

FMS Fa La La LA

I'm not 100% sold on the big stripe in the background, but I'm trying really hard to incorporate more current patterned paper.  I love it when I see it on other people's cards, but on my own cards, I always lean toward my older paper pads of small prints or monochromatic patterns. But it's the first patterned paper that I have purchased from Reverse Confetti and I had already pulled my colors from it - so it stayed.  (I'll know that I have succeeded in embracing patterned paper when you see more than one pattern on my cards!)

I hope to see you playing along this week.  Remember that the big circle in the middle of the sketch is "any shape" so there's lots of room for you to work!

SUPPLY LIST

9 comments:

  1. I think the bold stripes in the background look perfect Kim!! This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love the bold stripes as well! This is one terrific card! Love all the elements and die cuts! The wreath and the ornament look wonderful for the holidays! Thanks for making my sketch look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stripe in the background and that green border around the card! A gorgeous card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect way to use these supplies. And your color choices are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding more than one patterned paper to a card would cause me some angst. In fact using patterned paper at all is a rare thing in my cards! Your card is gorgeous and you've interpreted the sketch beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that stripey background is pretty cool. It's a nice balance for the glimmer paper strip and still lets your pretty wreath be the focal point. Like you, I usually use smaller prints when I incorporate patterned paper into my cards but it's nice to try something new once in a while! Kudos to you! This card looks fabulous so you should be 100% sold for sure on your paper choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so pretty Kim! I love that wreath and the pretty ornament! the colours are so fabulous! I do love the big bold stripes! I think it looks great! Perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm awfully behind for the comments, but I didn't want the new challenge to come alive before I had a chance to tell you how lovely your card is! Such a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your patterned paper is marvelous, from my perspective, especially since it coordinates (or provides the coordination for...) with the colours/elements you've selected for your foreground. You've showcased your new RC wonderfully; love the fa la la ornament! My patterned paper collection is woefully dated, to the point where I just want to give it away and start fresh with 'carefully' selected pads. We'll see what happens...soon!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!