Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Christmas Greetings

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today I have the honor of bringing you the sketch!!


I have to admit that I drew up this sketch on the day that I got an order in the mail full of dies like pinecones and pine boughs, etc.  I had been shocked about a week earlier as I studied my stash that I didn't have any of these dies.  Living in Colorado and spending time the mountains, I love pines, so I had to remedy the situation right away.  My new dies arrived in the mail and I envisioned a cascade of pines with a sentiment banner - the sketch was born!

FMS Christmas Greetings

I liked this particular pine cone die because it had two main layers plus it had options for a snowy top. I embossed the "snow" with heat-n-stick powder and dumped clear glitter over it.  A few pine sprigs and a woodgrain background - LOVE this type of look for Christmas!

I do hope to see you playing along.  It is absolutely amazing to design a sketch and then to see all of you creative crafters put your own touch on it!

SUPPLY LIST

The glitter paper I used for the floral sprigs is the retired Champagne Glitter from Stampin' Up.

8 comments:

  1. I love the rustic look for the holidays too! This is lovely! And the background is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for a reverse order catch-up and I'm so delighted to begin with this marvelous pine cone and boughs beauty! I don't have a single pine cone image in my stash, even though I have a collection of 'real' pine cones in various spots in our place. I've acquired them on 'special' trips we've taken; the majority are from Bend, OR. I LOVE Bend!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vision became a lovely reality Kim, this is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pinecone and sprigs dies are fabulous and work perfectly with your sketch, which by the way, I love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I stop at your blog, and see your cards, I'm wowed. This is simply beautiful. Really, really beautiful. The colors, the woodgrain, the sprigs and that pinecone are just fabulous. What a delightful Christmas card. I love it!! You go girl! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kim! I love that pinecone and the fun embossed background! So pretty for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pine cones, pine sprigs and banners with Christmas greetings are a perfect combo! I can understand why living in the mountains could inspire this beauty! Thanks for the great sketch - and your great take on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this great clean sketch. There are some wonderful cards in the gallery. And yours is a gorgeous Chistmas card. Love your background and the rustic but clean feel of your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!