Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Boo to You

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Rita Wright.


A few weeks ago a massive new Gander Mountain store opened in my town - it's hunting, fishing, camping, etc.  Heaven on earth for the men in my family.  Turns out it has card-making supplies too!! Check out these eyes!!

FMS Boo to You

I didn't need any more Halloween cards but I fell in love with those creepy, almost-glowing eyes. They were in the fishing section.  There are tens of thousand of itty-bitty fishing things - the racks seem to go endlessly, but those eyes still stuck out at me.  They are Hologram Dome Eyes 5/32" Mirage by Wapsi.  Who knew?

FMS Boo to You CloseUp

Then I scrounged through my stash and found the non-Halloween set from Taylored Expressions Quick Critters Stamp & Die Combo. It's actually a cute little set with sweet sentiments. I looked at the critter dies and thought they would make great Halloween silhouettes, but still cute because of the heart cut out.  I love when I can find multiple uses for a set!!

I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST

I've had the patterned paper for quite awhile - it's from Glitz and is the Raven pad.  The sparkly paper is from a DCWV stack.

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love that little critter with googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so cute love the critter with the creepy eyes. Kim I have a question what are the dimension on your panels layers ( the black + pattern paper) I always like when you do that and I've tried just never seem to get the measurements right. If you don't mind sharing I would appreciate for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?? Who knew is right!! Those eyes are fabulous. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sparkly banner you added, this is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable and I am still laughing that you found those eyes in a mountain shop! Totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kim! I love that you could find card making supplies even in an outdoors supply store. And you've put those cool eyes to good use -- love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of my favorite tools and supplies come from the sporting goods store!! I'll have to look for those eyes, though. I haven't noticed them before...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those eyes are awesome! What a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this doesn't get any cuter! I love that little critter! Those eyes are just perfect! Beautiful background paper! Love the sparkly banner! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, who knew that the fishing section had fun supplies for your stash! Those eyes are great for your little cat. Cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fishing supplies transformed into crafting items! Brilliant...as are those eyes, as is your card! Amazing...as always...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Kim! Such a lovely halloween kitty! Those eyes make me melt with tenderness !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!