Monday, September 5, 2016

Merry Monday Guest Designer: A Time of Love

Just before Merry Monday Christmas Challenge took a summer break - I was thrilled to be selected as the winner of their blue, gold, silver/white challenge with this card.  That means I get to open up the fall and winter "season" as a guest designer! This first challenge also uses gold and white but throws in black.


This was a bit of a struggle for me because I am simply not a "gold" person.  I'm not a yellow person either so who knows what it is about my eyes/brain that just doesn't embrace those color families. The first decision was that I'd use just a splash of gold. I pulled out golden glitter enamel dots then decided they fit on snowflakes and the card came together quickly at that point!!

RC Black and Gold Snowflakes

(OK, the true story.  This was the second card.  I fought the first card every step of the way and didn't like it even for a moment.  It's not even that it had a ton of gold, but it had more than this one and I just could not wrap my brain around liking it even though I couldn't put my finger on something specific that was wrong.  That's why they call these challenges!!  But just as with facing any challenge, I learned something - I have to minimize the gold!)

Welcome back to Merry Monday!  Thanks for the challenge and the inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST

17 comments:

  1. You did a great job incorporating a color you don't like, Kim! The gold dots add the perfect touch to your snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with just the right touch of gold. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny what we like and what we don't. You did perfect with this. Just the right amount of gold! Thanks so much for joining our team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Kim. I think you did an amazing job with the gold obstacle. Thanks for being a Guest Designer this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING card, Kim, so simple yet oh-so elegant!! Thanks so much for being our GD at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the challenge image despite not liking gold. This is elegant without being fussy (which is my kind of elegant!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Clean & Simple card with all the white space. I love the little tag embellishment at the top! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the fresh clean look Kim, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job. I like the CAS look and the gold centers of the snowflakes looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way about purple...any shade of it. And naturally, one of the granddaughter's favorite colors is purple, so I bit the bullet and pulled out the bits and bobs I had. Took several tries before I glued anything down. But your subtle use of gold is perfect. Way to work around your aversion!! This black and white with those glittery gold dots is delightful. Love those snowflakes and the bold black sentiment. GREAT card!! Well done you!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Kim, I love the layout and the clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well version two is wonderful! And I do the same thing....work forever on a card trying to "make it work" and finally toss it......and mad 'cause I wasted so much time instead of just starting over!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clean and simple! Bring on the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim! I think that for not liking gold, you rocked this challenge and I would have to lay bets that the first card you made was gorgeous too! Thank you soooo much for being our guest designer at Merry Monday! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome Christmas card Kim, not much gold but I love how you combined the other colours for a CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I wouldn't know that you were not a gold person!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!