Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Grateful

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jennifer Timko.


I saw that big panel and decided to use a big leaf that I just purchased.  It didn't quite fit - so I stamped it on a full size white panel, cut out the leaf, then cut out the banner.  I put a couple of layers of black cardstock behind the leaf to lift it a bit and give it a small shadow.  (For the shadow effect, I'd like to have lifted it more, but then I would have had to deal with the sentiment that was half lifted too!)

FMS Grateful

I hope to see you playing along this week.  That big open space is wide open for your creativity!!

SUPPLY LIST

The glitter paper is my favorite from Michaels.  The sequins are cheapies probably from Michaels (There are so many wonderfully, elegant gold sequins out there - for this card I wanted brassy and shiny!)

12 comments:

  1. Your splattered leaf is fabulous! I love all the texture on your card....so beautiful for fall! And that stitched background is wonderful! Time to shop! My son is in Denver this week enjoying some beautiful Colordado weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! I've been admiring this card in the dt blog since I first saw it! I love the detail on that perfectly splattered leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This leaf looks amazing - so big and bold and the coloring is fabulous. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kim! Love that big C9 leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to present this leaf! Wonderful card Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! The colours you've used are just gorgeous and I love the leaf you have used as an overlay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Kim! I love that leaf. It's coloured so beautifully. Love that background. I think my wish list is just getting longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning - the colors, the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that leaf looks so awesome! I love the way you've done the background with these beautiful fall colors and given this a touch of glam with the shimmery sentiment and sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is drop dead gorgeous, Kim! I love how you let the color 'spill' a little outside the border of the leaf. Really awesome and artistic design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the most gorgeous showcases of the C9 leaf EVER! LOVE this...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is perfection. I wish this card had come out of my head! I'm just totally without proper words to tell you how much I adore this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!