Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Hugs & Courage

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren.



The vast majority of my cards go up to my church for their use and they recently told me that they needed "get well" cards.  There are so many possibilities with this sketch - at least I could start by narrowing it down to "get well".  I pulled out my stamp index (yes...I take time to stamp every single stamp in a set into categories - so all of my "get well" type stamps are in one place!)  I had flipped just a few pages before I saw this stamp set with big sentiments ("big" as in lots of words, not big fonts).  I put two sentiments together for this card.

FMS What You Need

To add interest, I clipped the little pull off pieces so it looks just like an ad on a bulletin board.  I'm not sure this was wildly successful - from the front you really can't tell. It just looks messy. But at least it's unique.

FMS What You Need CloseUp

I hope to see you playing along this week!

SUPPLY LIST

The paper is We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard. It's an older collection but I've single sheets at the Frantic Stamper website.

12 comments:

  1. Actually I noticed you snipped the tags right away and thought it was a very cool effect! Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Kim! That patterned paper pairs up perfectly with your stamped flower images! And I love the bulletin board idea you created! I think it turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous interactive card! I love your idea to create the "pull off tags".

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever design Kim! So very pretty too! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the little clipped parts. Such a pretty card, with a gorgeous bit of dp and those flowers are so sweet. The green base really makes your focal point pop. Perfect for your church's collection. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design Kim, this is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you made this similar to a bulletin board ad. It's fun and adds a bit of whimsy to what might otherwise be a somber sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bulletin board style of this card! So clever! And I love how it adds a lighter touch to a serious occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kim! This is such a beautiful card! I love the flowers and that fabulous sentiment! The green background is so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kim! Love your take on the sketch and the colors are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fab card! I am loving the sentiment you've used combined with those pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I choose wildly successful!!! Love this whole idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!