Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Freshly Made Sketch: A Son's Birthday

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by...me!!!


I had an ulterior motive when I put this sketch together. I knew this post would be in the same week as my son's 20th birthday. (I'm feeling so old!)  I wanted a sketch that could easily lend itself to a masculine card. (Of course, it doesn't have to be masculine, When I went to add my card to the FMS blog, the other card there included pretty yellow flowers!)  My guy just doesn't do frills so I added two strips of cardstock and a big "happy birthday".

FMS Andrew Birthday

Do you think it's masculine enough?  I had to hold back from sequins to make it festive and sparkly. I'm even a little worried about the embossed frame - but I love this die because it makes things look like they are in the spotlight. 

I hope to see you playing along - I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

SUPPLY LIST

The patterned paper is from Echo Park's Note to Self 6x6 pad.

13 comments:

  1. Yes, it's good for a man! Before I read your post I said, now this is how masculine is done! So great, def. going to use this sketch for a man card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great sketch and a perfect masculine card! I loved using it and I love seeing what everyone created with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sketch! And your card is perfect for a guy! The die cuts are great! And everyone needs a balloon or two on their birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your mix of patterns, this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card! and the button is the perfect finishing touch.
    The sketch is so versatile, great font too, love this 'brushstroke' hype. :-)
    Bold and beautiful!
    And of course happy birthday wishes to you and your son!!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card, and I'm betting that your son loved this. The colors are definitely NOT girly, and the little balloon and button add the right touch of fun without being froo-froo. That hb die is fantastic, as is the dotted frame die. There goes my budget, haha! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a PERFECT masculine card! The papers and colors create the festivity without crossing over into the too much for a guy side. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card for a young man - definitely no frills but still lots of interest. The papers go so well together. Great sketch, too, even if it did take me days to come up with an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card Kim! I love that paper! It's totally masculine and perfect for a guy's birthday! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Put your mind at ease, Kim: your card is guy perfect, in being handsome and striking! Nothing frilly or girly here at all! He'll love it: guaranteed! (And do let us know so we can all say, "Told you so." *grin*)
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Balloons are perfect for males or females! And they're always perfect for a birthday. This was a fun sketch, Kim! I hope your son had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right on the money!!! The colors and all your details are perfect for your son. Isn't it funny how we worry about things when he will really just love that you made it especially for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Sketch,Kim!! And what an awesome card!! Love...love the patterns and colors!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!