Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: Happy Day!

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!


At the time I was getting a card ready for this challenge, I also needed a birthday card for my youngest niece who turns 7 on Monday.  This was a situation in which the sketch truly was an inspiration.  I know, I know - challenges are also supposed to inspire - but many times I really have to work to find stamps that fit a sketch.  It's less "inspiration" and more trial-and-error.  In this case, I looked at it and immediately saw the stamps that I would be using.  Clearly that big heart is actually a bunny jumping out of the grass!!

Happy Day

I hope to see you all playing along with this sketch - I am excited to see how many ways the big heart and little heart can be interpreted!

SUPPLY LIST

The green is a Wild Wasabi print from an earlier version of the Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Pack. 

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! That critter makes me smile! And I am definitely happy to see some spring colors - too much "white space" around here these days!

Cindy Lovell said...

She will LOVE this card!! The image is adorable and i love the butterflies and how you tight the string!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so adorable, I love it.

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute, love that bunny!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ha! I can totally see that the bunny is jumping up from the grass! Too cute!

Marjolein said...

You'll melt the heart of your 7 year-old-niece for sure! Boy, is she in for a treat!!
:-)
Ofcourse the big heart is actually a big bunny celebrating your niece's birthday, ha, ha.
bye,

Marjolein

Karren said...

This is such a cute card and I especially love the way you tied the twine. Fabulous card!

Amy O said...

Perfectly cute, especially for a little girl. And I love how you've used the little butterflies for the element in the top corner -- very clever. She'll love this.

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Kim! I love that sweet bunny! It will be perfect for your niece! Love the colours!!! I never would have thought to do a bunny for the shape!!!! Shapes frustrate me! You should give me lessons!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just the cutest card Kim! Love your colour and image choices!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Loving the sweet colours you have combined for this one, Kim. Hugs xxx

cm said...

Utterly adorable; guaranteed that you niece will love it, as do I! Of course, I noticed those wee butterflies, too...
~c