Friday, November 28, 2014

Wanna Sketch with Hennah Elements

I needed to make a birthday card. I started with the current sketch at Wanna Sketch thinking that the three elements would be cupcakes.  I even envisioned a candle on the first cupcake, but not on the second two, leaving room for the sentiment.  I had it all planned out.



But somehow Altenew's Hennah Elements set ended up in my hands and I saw the possibilities in the three flowers!

Wanna Sketch Happy Birthday

This is a 3 1/2 x 5 1/2" card so that the flower fill the entire width.

Even the colors were a surprise to me!  I had planned on rich, fall colors but when I was pawing through my sequin stash, I noticed these Doodlebug sprinkles and I wanted to spice up the card with a a little glow and sparkle!

Wanna Sketch Happy Birthday Close

"Birthday" comes from another Altenew set - Label Love.  The label is actually says "Happy Birthday" but it was too long for the three flowers.  Then I spent an inordinate amount of time finding a "Happy" that would fit the space and the style.  Thirteen different happy stamps tried and found lacking - I gotta get a life!!!  This one is from an old Fresh Squeezed Stamps set - Take a Number - so I cannot even link it since they have closed their doors.

I'm still thinking the cupcake idea was pretty good...hmmm....

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...love your choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kim, I love that Altenew set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING!!! I love the colors you used on this!! That Altenew set is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous card.. love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and I love the colors you ended up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kim. Love the Doodlebug sprinkles and the color choice. Perfect birthday card!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flowers and I love the color combo! I so can relate to the "search" for the perfect this or that to add to my card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Kim!! Love the colors and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I've seen this card before! I love it! The color combo is fantastic and I can say with absolute certainty that it looks even better in real life! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, everything from the perfect stamps to the amazing choice of colors = WOW!!! Beautifully done Kim, thank you SO much for playing along with wanna sketch. You are absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just when I thought I'd narrowed down my Altenew choices (truly, I want them all!), you showcase a set I'd initially passed by, in a most stunning fashion. List expanded! Beautiful in every way!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!