Saturday, November 22, 2014

Taylored Expressions: Deck the Halls

A few days ago, I posted a sneak peek of a project that I did as a guest for Taylored Expressions. Hopefully, you headed over to their blog to get all of the details, but just in case you didn't, here are all of the cards!
I love the details on each Taylored Expressions stamp.  These products can stand alone on a very clean and simple card, or they can be dressed up.  I wanted to demonstrate their versatility with the Deck the Halls set (with a little help from Share the Light.)  You have to keep in mind that my style is clean, so my version of "dressed up" is still quite simple. 

The first card uses two stamp sets and five stamps, with large die cut trees, heat embossing and glitter (products linked below).   That bunny face is about the cutest expression that I have seen!!  I feel a little frazzled like that when I get my lights out and my cats are batting ornaments around the floor!!

Deck the Halls 1

Here is a close-up of his cute little face!

Deck the Halls 1 close

This card steps it down just a little bit. There are only two stamps, two dies, an embossing folder and a strip of Gingerbread Lane paper (products linked below).

Deck the Halls 2

Now a bigger step down - but I think the stamp still keeps it absolutely charming!  This one only uses two stamps and a snowflake!

Deck the Halls 3


Aren't these guys sweet?  I got stressed a week or so ago when I realized I was quite far behind in Christmas card production. (Cardmaking is supposed to be fun and relaxing, isn't it?)  Then I was a little stressed over being a guest for Taylored Expressions and wanting to do my very best work.  But I sat down and worked with these cute little faces and spent some happy time coloring, and all was right with the world! (I think we all re-live our happy kindergarten days when we color, don't we?)

Here are all of the Taylored Expressions products that I used:


12 comments:

  1. Such cute, ornament and light bedecked critters, Kim ... they're so much fun, can't help but smile whilst enjoying them! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see them on the TE blog and still love seeing this festive little group here today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What darling images, Kim, and your coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delightful cards! I think the top one is going on my,list of all time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable cards, and you've added such whimsey to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I just love all the cards you have done............They temp me in a big way to go and click click over at TE :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those strings of lights stamped in white on your first card are THE PERFECT addition to your little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little rabbit is adorable with the ornament hanging from his ear! And the penguin is pretty sweet too! Love the black and white stripe with him and the red card base! Not sure what's going on in the middle of this blog though. It says the image is currently unavailable????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your critters, sporting ornaments and entangled in pretty lights, are utterly adorable. A trio of cards that has planted a mega-watt smile on my face!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are SO CUTE!!!! I love the little bunny with that ornament. Really great design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!