Thursday, November 20, 2014

Let Us Give Thanks

I really, really do not want any Thanksgiving stuff in my NBUS stash (never-before-used-schtuff) when next week is over.  Then it sits there for an entire year and gets in the way!  (It's strange that we can make Christmas cards starting right away in January - but it just feels odd to have an autumn card up until it's actually autumn!)

This first card doesn't use any obvious Thanksgiving stash because the NBUS item on it (the "thanks" die) could be used any time.  But I only ordered the die when I saw someone else using the "thanks" die with the "Let Us Give" from another set so I'm calling it Thanksgiving NBUS!  (I have looked and looked for who to credit for this inspiration and have lost it. If it's you - thank you!)  The leaves are stamped by using various Distress inks on a craft sheet, spritzing with water and then using it to ink the stamp.  It's a great way to add a mix of fall colors!  (The leaf is from WPlus9 Woodgrain Silhouette Additions which appears to have been retired.)


Let Us Give Thanks

Next I have a card that uses some small wheat stalk dies that I purchased this year.  I'm thinking this card might be a little too simple (which is saying a lot coming from me), but I wanted the full focus on the dies, then I found this very elegant sentiment buried deep in my stash. 

Autumn Blessings

The last item in my NBUS stash is this set of Autumn dies by Little B (linked below).  They have a number of fun sets - including a Halloween set that is, sadly, sitting in my Halloween NBUS stash until next year.  I think I used just about every die in the set on this card!  (I'm linking this one up to the Simon Says Thanksgiving challenge since I've purchased all of my Little B dies in their shop!)

Give Thanks

I did it!  I emptied my Thanksgiving stash!!  You will see one other autumn-themed card from me next week. My last guest post for Taylored Expressions comes just before Thanksgiving so it does have an autumn theme.  Other than that - my favorite crafting season has officially come to an end.  I would be sad, but I do have a lot of sparkly new Christmas stuff to play with!


LET US GIVE THANKS

The background is the retired Woodgrain background by Stampin' Up.

9 comments:

  1. Kim, I love your style and have been visiting your blog for a long time. What great cards and such fun die cuts! The tag card is adorable but my fav is the one with the wheat. Thanks for always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all but I think the wheat is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Kim! Love all of these and the wheat one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful times three. LOVE that thanks die - you enabler you LOL! On to my birthday wish list I think as Christmas is already taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean! I do wish poor Thanksgiving weren't squished in between Halloween and Christmas so we had more time to use all our beautiful Thanksgiving product, especially NBUS!! So here's to you, Kims! You did a brilliant job using that NBUS and making these fabulous cards!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Really love the first one with all of the color and the simple design - just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous CAS cards Kim, they are so elegant and I love the cute little squirrel die cut.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, your trio of cards is gorgeous! I'm amazed you were able to keep the NBUS as NBUS, because wow: some real gems making a debut here! I agree that - autumn cards need the fall season - but when you have lovely elements like these calling for attention...oh my! Truly stunning!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!