Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches: Autumn Blessings

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This sketch is brought to us by Cindy.



This sketch had just enough room to play with a set that's been sitting in my new stash for months - Stampin' Up's Nuts for You.  I wanted bright and cheerful paper, but I also wanted some sort of brown, so I pulled out Retro Fresh dsp which was also new and unopened, even though it's actually already retired!  If you've seen the stamp set, it has a cute little opossum that you can hang from the tree limb - which is the entire reason that I got the set.  So here I'm using it for the first time without the opossum - but the bright blue in the paper drove the decision to add a bird and the bird took the opossum's branch!

Autumn Blessings

Be sure to check out the inspiration from all of the Freshly Made designers - then play along! I love seeing the variety of creations from each sketch.

The paper is Stampin' Up Retro Fresh. It is retired; however, it is available as a digital download.

21 comments:

  1. WOW!! So awesome,Kim!! The papers are fab and i love the colors and the cute image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Kim!! I love the colors you used and those fun stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! I love the happy colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the wood look background and those beautiful Fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cuteness! Your candy dots really add a fresh autumn surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and bright card! That little bird is too cute with his squirrel friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this sweet or what! The little opossum, too cute!
    Love the autumn feel of your warm colored card.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable and so gorgeous, love the fabulous design....popped over from the challenge blog, love your creations! Now a follower
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun set and your card is adorable! Yep the bluebird worked perfectly! Opossums are patient - he will wait for the next card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you created with the adorable "Nuts About You" stamp set. I have this set and needed some inspiration .... thanks for sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...absolutely adorable!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet this is! The candy dots on the leaves is genius! It really gives the tree a fun and funky look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, this is just fabulous! I love that tree and that sweet little squirrel! So perfect for the fall! Love the colours and that woodgrain background! Makes me wish our trees still had leaves instead of being covered in snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Kim! I love EVERYTHING about this card! The Retro Fresh DSP is perfect with the stamp set and sentiment, and I love it against the woodgrain textured background. The candy dots on the trees add so much more texture and color. Awesome use of the sketch and that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is just gorgeous Kim! The colours you've used are absolutely perfect for the little scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so adorable! Love this little tree and your fussy cutting is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!