Thursday, November 13, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch: Sketch #100!

I had the absolute thrill and honor of being part of the first days of CAS(E) this Sketch and they are now at sketch #100!!!  It's time to celebrate their success! As part of the party, all of the early contributors to the challenge are playing along with this sketch and it's a fun one!


I have to admit to having a lot of false starts with this sketch. I can't tell you how much paper I wasted cutting stripes.  I finally solved my dilemma by moving the center of the stripes off center.  Suddenly I liked what I was doing.  In general, I am a rigid sketch follower - that probably implies a lack of creativity, but I find working with the sketch exactly as it is to be the true challenge.  In this case, I did modify the sketch - it was either that or not get it to the CtS organizers in time to be part of the celebration!

Season's Greetings Trees

I "frosted" the white stripes and the trees with glitter, but I thought it was still missing something so I added a sprinkling of sequins (and I will not tell you how long it took me to "sprinkle" the sequins in a random(?) way!!

Season's Greetings Trees Close

I hope that everybody plays along with this sketch to show CAS(E) this Sketch how much we love them! Their gallery of past sketches is bookmarked on my PC and is an icon on my iPad - I use them so much more than just the weekly challenge.  Have fun with the angles on this one - I look forward to learning from each of you how to center these and make it look good!!


purchased was truly white.  Since then I have purchased rolls from multiple 
sources trying to find "white" but"white" appears to now be a dull off-white.  
The above card uses my stash of true white.

23 comments:

  1. Just beautiful.... love the Hibiscus/Limeade combo and the perfect sprinkle of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving the chevron pattern off center was a great decision! Love the design and love the colors, too! So happy to see you guesting for CTS100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous to have your join us for the 100th CTS, Kim! Your card is fantastic -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh la la those colors. And sparkle. And PERFECTLY placed sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the non tradtional colors - great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the shimmer Kim, this is PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun Christmas card and I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these colors together for a Christmas card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the touches of sparkle with the sequins and the glitter. Fabulous idea to go "off center" and a great colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love things that are just a bit askew! The bright colors and off center look add to the charm here! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Love those alternating strips and Christmas trees !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo...I love those brightly colored Jolly Holiday trees! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!! This is STUNNING!! You just amaze me with your beautiful cards. I love the colors, the subtle sparkles and your layering. Fabulous, fabulous interpretation of that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I ever relate to spending oodles of time "randomly sprinkling sequins! Adore this card! It's incredibly fun from the colors to the design to the chevron trees.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool and funky, Kim ... and shimmery ... with such perfectly 'scattered' sequins!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the non traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty and girly! Love you not-Christmas colors.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reading about how your card came to be was so enlightening; sometimes staying 'true to form' is more challenging than shifting thinking and - in the case of your card - details, a bit to the left! The result: an innovative creation that truly is stunning! Love it!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim, you sure as heck do not lack creativity! Your take is amazing and you have always amazed me with your creativity. I'm SO happy you could join us this week. It was SO nice having you back. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!