Sunday, June 15, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration: Sweet Pea

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!


The sponsor for this challenge is Sugar Pea Designs!  Sugar Pea provided each of the Curtain Call designers with a wonderful stamp set of their choice and the LEAD of this challenge will receive a gift certificate.


The images at Sugar Pea are darling.  Earlier this year, I got the perfect set for my son's Valentine card - a pizza chef!  I love stamps that you don't see everywhere and this pizza chef was definitely a unique set.  So I was thrilled when I got to go shopping for this challenge.  I knew I needed something with which I could use cute little flowers so I got this charming little girl.

Hello Friend outside

And there's another sweetheart at the other end of the "phone" line!

Hello Friend inside

Aren't they just the cutest??!  I love them because they are cute without being syrupy sweet.  They are a little rough and tumble - you can see them getting into some trouble, can't you?!  

I placed the first little girl in a field of sequin flowers.  Specifically for this challenge, I got a large package of flower sequins and then only ended up using three of them.  (You'll have to come back for the Curtain Call reminder on the 21st because I have a full field of them on that card.)  I also had to give the inside girl a little something special so I pulled out my clear Wink of Stella.  I've had it for quite awhile - since they were first discovered and you couldn't find them anywhere and I looked everywhere and then never used it until today.  I like her shimmery top!

Hello Friend close

Check out the rest of the design team.  They are all on the Curtain Call blog or you can check them each out here.

Sugar Pea Designs Owner, Wendy Ramlakhan



Then stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Sweet Pea and play along with us!


  • Stamps: Sugar Pea Designs Tin Can Chat
  • Paper: My Minds' Eye Six by Six Blink of an Eye 6x6, Simon Says Stamps Sunshine
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics
  • Accessories: Impress Sequin Flower Kit found here, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 1 dies, Hemptique 10-lb natural twine, Clear Wink of Stella

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Kim. Love how it opens and shows the rest of the scene! So cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally sweet!
    Love how you paired these two kiddos together!! A perfect pair indeed!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. can't wait to see the 'field full of flower sequins' wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!! Ii remember playing telephone with the cans and string when I was a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet card, Kim. I love her sparkly top, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, these little girls do have that bit of 'rough and tumble' cuteness about them...and the one with the pig tails is the spitting image of my 4 year old niece!! As a result, you can guess my response: love x love your card! Sweet, not syrupy *grin* and simply fabulous!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!