Friday, May 2, 2014

Catered Crop and CASE Study: Miss You



It's time for a new challenge at Catered Crop.  We are challenge to "button up"!  And as an alternative to a card, you can show how you store your buttons.  I decided to do both, because I knew that a picture of my button storage would give you a chuckle.  Me...completely, obsessively organized me...stores my buttons in a jumbled heap like this....




At least they are their little bags!!  Of course, this is a wire ELFA drawer and it is a pain in the *^&*! on those amazingly regular times in which I don't quite close the bag and the buttons drop down through the other four mesh drawers.

Now for the card. I like the look of buttons as a simple border. I think it is a classic, down-to-earth, happy feel to have a string of buttons.

Miss You

This card was also inspired by the current CASE Study challenge. The muse for this month is the wonderful Wida Miller - she's wonderful as a cardmaker and wonderful as a person.  Until just recently she was a Coloradan and was a main driver in our group of bloggers who regularly get together.  Just a few weeks ago, she got seven of us to pile in two cars and drive 60 miles for a crafty shopping spree (along with a few drinks at a Mexican restaurant!).  Sadly for us, she's not a Coloradan anymore. Lucky for Ohio.

Here is her card.


I liked the rows of colors so replicated that with my buttons.  I added a stitched heart from Papertrey (a couple of months ago, Wida and I met up in a cold and windy parking lot and traded out a variety of these stitched dies so one of the dies had to make an appearance on this card!)  Then I picked the sentiment for Wida...

Miss you already Wida.

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words Additions (I didn't use the PTI "you" die because it's a little bigger and didn't fit in the space)
  • Paper: SSS Audrey Blue, Black
  • Ink: SSS Audrey Blue
  • Accessories: SSS You die, Hemptique 10-lb natural twine, PTI Orange Zest and Aqua Mist buttons, misc yellow button, PTI Limitless Layers Heart Stitches die

17 comments:

Hannelie said...

Wow. so glad I came over to take a look !
This is awesome!I just love every little detail!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous...I have a button addiction...LOVE!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OK, first... CUTE card, Kim! Love the variety of buttons, and aqua/teal and orange is one of my favorite color combos!

Second, WHERE in Ohio is this woman? I'd be glad to be her new stamping friend here! :)

Wida said...

this post means so much to me Kim. Thanks for playing along so I don't look lame. Thanks for missing me, I am so sad to go and felt such a connection to you all. and last PTI lovers unite! Love all the ways you used your PTI buttons and dies. At least when you buy the stuff it gets used!! and used well. gorgeous design. You made it your own and it's beautifully done.

Lisa said...

CUTE card Kim!! Love the line of pretty buttons. I got a giggle out of the buttons falling through the wire baskets LOL!!

June K said...

Kim, this is the cutest button card. I haven't been using my buttons lately but I think I need to dig them out and create. Thanks for the inspiration. Buttons here I come!

Tracey McNeely said...

Classic and fabulous! That is a lot of buttons--lol!

Happy Dance said...

Such a sweet card, and a wonderful CASE of Wida's. Love the button line, and how you've tucked the heart behind it. Just sweet! love this. Bev

Bobby said...

This is such a "you" take on the photo. You added so many neat elements to your card and I love it.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

OMG!!!!! ADORE this card!!!

Becky Selecman said...

Love your cards and blog. I have those kind of drawers, too, and you are correct --they are a REAL pain. I cut pieces of cardboard the size of the bottom of the basket. This helps a little to keep the items from falling through the bottom. Always happy to see ways to use my stash of buttons!

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a fun post! Firstly I just have to say that if you could see the way my buttons are stored, you would not think yours is messy! As for your card, I absolutely love it - it's inspiring how you have so many buttons on the card and it is so CAS! I also love the way you've clustered it with the heart, banner and 'you' sentiment!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulously cased! Love the dotted heart.

Linda McClain said...

Yay! Someone else with a button addiction besides me. You're card is perfect - as always. xxoo

Lyndal said...

Super Case Study & LOVE the button collection :)

Deepti said...

Well whatever you use ur cards always always turn out to be very attractive, they always tend to catchy attention among all :) I so glad to have a chance to GD with u at Catered Crop !!

cm said...

WOW, your take on Wida's card is an outstanding infusion of your style and flair! I'll add my voice to the others: this is flippin' awesome!!
c